How can I mirror my iPhone or iPad screen to Windows 10?
AirPlay media streaming enables you to stream content from an iPhone or iPad to Mac OS X desktop or laptop. This media streaming, otherwise mirroring, projects the iPhone display on a desktop or laptop.
It’s Apple’s alternative to Miracast streaming.
With a little extra software, you can also mirror an iPhone display on a Windows PC. This is how you can mirror an iPhone/iPad screen to Windows 10 PC.
Steps to mirror your iPhone or iPad screen to PC
First, note that you’ll need to have an Apple device that supports AirPlay. You must have at least an iPhone 4, or higher, mobile device. The Apple tablet must be an iPad 2 or higher.
Method 1: Use LonelyScreen
- Add LonelyScreen to Windows 10 by pressing the Download for Windows button on this page.
- Open the LonelyScreen setup wizard to install the software. This will also install Bonjour software required for AirPlay.
- During the setup, a window might open informing you that Windows Firewall is blocking the app. Select the Private networks check box and click the Allow access button.
- Then you can open the LonelyScreen window shown in the shot directly below. If the software still states that LonelyScreen is blocked by firewall, press the Fix It(Administrator) button.
- Now select the Click to Change Server Name box that includes LonelyScreen by default. Enter an alternative server title there such as ‘Windows desktop.’
- Switch on your iPad or iPhone.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your Apple device to open the Control Center.
- Then tap AirPlay on the Control Center to open AirPlay options.
- The AirPlay page below lists the title you entered, ‘Windows desktop’ in my example, in the Change Server Name text box. Select Windows desktop, or whatever alternative title you assigned it.
- Now select the Mirroring option to switch it on (green highlights it’s on).
- Press the Done button to save the settings.
- Open the LonelyScreen window again. Now it will include your Apple iPhone or iPad display as shown below.
- You can also record your iPhone or iPad display with LonelyScreen. Press the red Start recording button to record the display.
- Press the Stop recording button when done. The recorded output automatically saves to your Videos folder as an MP4.
So now you can project your Apple iPad‘s or iPhone‘s display in Windows 10! The advantage of mirroring iPhone displays with LonelyScreen is that you can maximize the window.
That effectively expands the iPhone display. It’s also handy for recording iOS videos and capturing iOS screenshots.
Method 2: Use iOS Screen Recorder
There is another app that you can use to quickly mirror your iPhone screen to your Windows 10 computer. iOS Screen Recorder
allows you to mirror your iPhone to deliver presentations, show business information, share gaming videos and more.
Keep in mind that you need to run the latest iOS versions in order to use this tool.
So, there you have two quick methods that you can use to mirror your iOS screen to Windows 10.
If you have any other questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below and we’ll be sure to check them out.
RELATED POSTS TO CHECK OUT:
- 5 best iPhone backup software for PC to download in 2019
- 5 of the best software to transfer files from PC to iPhone with [+bonus]
- Fix: Windows 10 doesn’t connect to iPhone’s WiFi hotspot
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2016 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
All the Windows laptops come with the hotkeys to increase and decrease the display brightness. If that does not work, you can use the brightness […]
A number of VMware users have reported encountering the error message Your system does not support the requested display settings when trying to connect to […]