- With a clear advantage in video recording due to its superior autofocus, mirrorless cameras have become a standard for YouTube/Twitch streaming.
- Our first recommendation records 4K video at 30 frames per second, with a 26MP sensor.
- Another great option can connect to a smartphone over Bluetooth with a 4K video recording.
- The best mirrorless cameras for Twitch/YouTube streaming should also offer VR image stabilization and some other creative features.
If streaming is your full-time job, you must invest in a good camera. While DSLRs are also a great option for streaming, mirrorless cameras with their advantages are an obvious choice. This stands up, especially if you are going for an all-new streaming setup.
There are plenty of mirrorless cameras to choose from. However, finding the best mirrorless camera for streaming can be tricky.
As you will be using it for an extended period, consider the price, features, and overall durability.
In this article, we have listed the best mirrorless camera for streaming on YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook.
Why should I use a mirrorless camera for YoTube/Twitch streaming?
If you aspire to the same image quality as a DSLR, consider using a mirrorless camera. It will be great for your live stream on platforms like Twitch or YouTube.
Being lighter, compact, faster, and better for videos, a mirrorless camera becomes a perfect device to complete your streaming experience.
Your camera should also be connected to a video encoder so it can send the HDMI output to online platforms.
What is the best mirrorless camera for YouTube/Twitch live streaming?
- Excellent 4K video quality
- Great touchscreen with tilt functionality
- Super slow motion 120FPS at 1080
- USB Type-C port
- 10 minute limit for 4K capture
Fujifilm X-T30 brings the identical 26MP sensor, processor, and features to its high-end sibling X-T3 at a more affordable price. This mirrorless camera can be used for streaming via its USB-C port and Fujifilm’s X Webcam app.
With the Fujifilm X-T30, you get the company’s latest AF system, 3″ tilting touchscreen, and plenty of direct controls all in a smaller body, making it ideal for streaming and video logging.
The X-T30 can record 4K video at 30 frames per second and 1080p videos in 120FPS, offering the flexibility of slow-motion effects when required.
For connectivity, it comes packed with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2. You can remotely access the camera using the Fujifilm Remote app.
- Advanced 24 megapixel BSI sensor
- Great low ISO dynamic range
- Excellent autofocus performance
- 4K video recording support
- No external battery charger
Sony’s a7 III ILCE7M3/B is the most accessible full-frame system camera on the market.
Apart from its incredible shooting performances, you can also use it to stream online with Sony’s official Imaging Edge Webcam software.
While it is not the most affordable mirrorless camera on this list, it is a competent full-frame camera in the segment that offers a well-judged mix of resolution, speed, and features.
Talking about the camera’s technical specifications, it features a 24.2MP BSI full-frame image sensor, can connect to a smartphone over Bluetooth, 4K video recording, in-body image stabilization, dual SD card slot, touchscreen, and USB 3.1 Type-C port.
- Build quality feels solid and durable
- Good EVF and tilting screen
- Dual memory card slots
- 4K video recording
- Only 4.5fps continuous shooting
For an entry-level full-frame mirrorless camera, Nikon Z 5 is surprisingly well specced. With its superior video recording capability and Nikon’s in-house Webcam Utility, it is one of the best mirrorless cameras for YouTube streaming.
It’s built around a 24MP CMOS sensor, which is not the latest BSI sensor. However, it shares the 273-point hybrid AF system, Expeed 6 processor, and 3.69M-dot OLED viewfinder.
Although cropped, Nikon Z 5 can record 4K video at 30fps, which is more than enough to generate an awesome streaming experience.
It comes with dual SD card slots, USB powering while the camera is in use, VR image stabilization, and some creative features like time-lapse, multiple exposures, creative picture controls, etc.
- Very good image quality
- Great high ISO performance
- Fast Dual PIXEL CMOS AF system
- 4K video recording
- Poor battery life
The Canon EOS RP mirrorless camera is among the smallest and lightest full-frame device on the market.
It is one of the best cameras for Twitch streaming and can be used with Canon’s EPS Webcam Utility software to turn your camera into a high-quality webcam.
Featuring a 26MP sensor, Dual Pixel CMOS AF, and 4K video recording, the Canon EOS RP offers an excellent value for money product. The camera’s image quality is excellent for casual users or those already in the Canon ecosystem.
- Excellent image quality in RAW and JPEG
- Good level of direct control
- Good user interface
- 4K video recording
- Eye detection works in only close range
Resembling the original M6, Canon EOS M6 Mark II brings a host of speed and feature upgrades. This mirrorless camera features 32.5MP APS-C built around the company’s EF-M mount system.
For live streaming, you have to consider the compatibility with Canon’s EOS Utility Webcam software. It can record 4K videos at 30 FPS and Full HD videos at 129FPS.
Other features offered by Canon EOS M6 Mark II include the high-speed continuous shooting of up to 14 fps with AF/AE tracking, good low-light performance, and selectable AF positions.
What other support should I use for YouTube/Twitch streaming?
To get the best out of the live streaming experience, we also recommend using additional hardware and software support, as in the following list:
- Game capture cards – These can transform your old sources of movies like DVDs into HD format. Thus, do not hesitate to check the best game capture cards for Twitch.
- Extensions – Keep in mind that the greater the extensions the more interactive will be the streaming experiences you’ll be able to create. Thus, we strongly recommend discovering the best Twitch extensions anybody should use.
- Browsers – To prevent any related problems, you should definitely try a streaming dedicated browser, so make sure you take a look at the best browsers for Twitch.
- Emote makers – For a cool, funny, and interesting live streaming experience, feel free to verify what are the best Twitch emote makers.
Mirrorless cameras provide the very best in the image capturing technology and are usually a very good option for vloggers and streamers due to being ultraportable and compact in size.
With the camera OEM’s also releasing their official streaming and webcam software, all the cameras listed in this article can be used for Twitch and YouTube streaming without requiring an additional adapter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Most OEMs have released their own webcam software that you can use to live stream videos using your mirrorless cameras.
While you can use your regular DSLR or mirrorless camera, there are plenty of 1080p webcams that offer excellent streaming quality.
Yes. With superior autofocus in more models, mirrorless cameras provide the best results for video recording.