When it comes to gaming in general, all aspects of both your PC’s hardware and software need to be on point. That being said, it is not uncommon that even those with professional gaming rigs will choose to overclock their PC.
Of course, one cannot do it all that easily unless they know their way around the BIOS very well, or if they have a professional third-party overclocking tool.
One such Tool is MSI Afterburner, and it is probably one of the most recognized overclocking tools available on the market today.
However, some users have been reporting that they are having issues with MSI Afterburner since it doesn’t display the CPU temperature.
Given that overclocking itself involves making components run at a higher frequency than normal, heating up can be a real issue. Thus, a software tool like MSI Afterburner not monitoring CPU temperatures can be a real problem.
That is why we’ve created this article, to show you exactly what you can do about the issue.
How do I make MSI Afterburner show CPU temperatures?
- Download and install MSI Afterbuner
- Older versions of MSI Afterburner could not show CPU temperatures, only GPU, so it is a good idea to always have the latest version installed.
- Go to your taskbar’s info area taskbar
- Click on the MSI Afterburner icon
- Click on the Settings cog in MSI Afterburner
- Go to the Monitoring tab
- Scroll down until you see CPU temperature on the list
- Click on it and then check the box that says Show in On-Screen Display
- Go to the On-Screen Display
- Specify a keyboard shortcut to be used for the On-Screen Display
- Launch your game, press your keyboard shortcut, and you can always check your CPU temps
By following these steps, you should be able to now see your CPU temperatures regardless of whether you manually check form the taskbar, or if you are in-game in full-screen mode.
By following these steps, you should now be able to monitor your CPU temperatures regardless of whatever it is you are doing. Since gaming sessions on overclocked PC’s can get extremely hot, knowing the temperature in real-time can be crucial in the long run for your hardware.
If you found this article useful and would like to read more about MSI Afterburner, let us know in the comments section below.