- NBA 2K is a basketball game series that you can play on multiple devices, including Windows, Switch, PS4, and Xbox One. You can choose players from the current NBA season.
- If you have NBA 2K lag, especially when trying to play the game online, this can lead to various issues, including match losses due to bad sync. But you can fix this with a VPN.
- For any errors related to your virtual private network service, see our VPN Troubleshooting Hub.
- Join our Gaming VPN section if you have lag and high ping in other games.
NBA 2K is a series of basketball video games that you can play on a number of platforms, including Windows, PlayStation, Xbox, Wii, iOS, Nintendo Switch, and Google Stadia. The latest edition is NBA 2K20, available for Windows, Switch, PS4, and Xbox One.
In NBA 2K20, you can control a single player or an entire basketball team, as well as choose players from the current NBA season. The game also features career and online modes.
Unfortunately, many users report NBA 2K lag when trying to join online sessions, which can become really frustrating. However, you can use a VPN to improve your ping and gameplay, eliminate all latency issues, and fix high ping.
Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
Secure multiple devices and enjoy stable connections anywhere.
Price convenient VPN service with all-rounded security features.
Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
Works with all operating systems from a single account.
What are the best VPNs to fix NBA 2K lag?
Private Internet Access (PIA) is the easiest way to fix NBA 2k lagging. It’s a reliable virtual private network solution that can fix packet loss and improve gameplay by getting rid of any latency causes.
Made by Kape Technologies, PIA can be installed on a number of devices, including Windows, Switch, PS4, and Xbox One, making it an excellent VPN for NBA 2K20. Plus, it’s one of the few VPNs with 24/7 live chat support.
How can PIA help you:
- +3,300 servers in 47 countries
- Port forwarding to enhance your connection quality
- 10 simultaneous connections
- Great for fixing NBA 2K input lag
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet Access
Fix NBA 2k lag and reduce ping using this trustworthy VPN service for PC and console.
Another way to fix NBA 2K20 lag on PC and console is by turning to CyberGhost VPN, which is also a product of Kape Technologies. It offers a simple solution to eliminate network congestion so that you can enjoy the online edition of the popular basketball game.
CyberGhost VPN is compatible with a wide range of devices, including Windows, Switch, PS4 and Xbox One, which are supported by NBA 2K20. Plus, it has split tunneling mode so that you can easily set up whitelists and blacklists.
How can CyberGhost VPN help you:
- +6,400 servers in 89 countries
- Private DNS servers and DNS leak protection
- 7 simultaneous connections
- Excellent for eliminating NBA 2K20 lagging on Xbox
- 45-day money-back guarantee (1-day free trial)
Remove the NBA 2K lag and boost your Internet connection with CyberGhost VPN!
How can BullGuard VPN help you:
- +2,000 servers in 16 countries
- Evade geoblocks and access blocked sites
- 6 simultaneous connections
- Works best with NBA 2K mobile lags
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Eliminate NBA 2K lag and speed up your Internet connection by using this practical VPN service.
The NBA 2K video games are great for basketball fans, especially thanks to the high resolution that significantly improves your gameplay. However, it can become really annoying to deal with NBA 2K lag and high ping every time you join an online server session.
By redirecting all your network traffic through VPN servers, you can fix any issues related to connection delays and drops. It also makes it possible to host your own game servers. You just need to use fast VPN servers, like the ones provided by Private Internet Access.
Your connection is not secure - websites you visit can find out your details:
- Your IP Address:
Companies can sell this information, alongside your location and internet provider name, and profit from it by serving targeted ads or monitoring your data usage.
We recommend Private Internet Access, a VPN with a no-log policy, open source code, ad blocking and much more; now 79% off.
Frequently Asked Questions
The easiest way to check your ping on NBA 2K20 is by running a ping test from your device to nba2k.com.
NBA 2K lag can be caused by a number of issues, such as invalid IP configuration on Wi-Fi, bandwidth throttling, restricted network, or game server problems.
If you have double NAT, this could be one of the reasons why you lag on NBA 2K20.
The quickest way to fix online lag in NBA 2K is by using a reliable VPN service like PIA to reduce high ping and eliminate connectivity issues.