- NBA 2K is a basketball game series that you can play on multiple devices, including Windows, Switch, PS4, and Xbox One. You can choose players from the current NBA season.
- If you have NBA 2K lag, especially when trying to play the game online, this can lead to various issues, including match losses due to bad sync. But you can fix this with a VPN.
- A VPN lets you connect to a server that is better suited for your configuration and thus helps you reduce latency issues.
- See below our best recommendations when it comes to reliable and performance-oriented VPNs.
NBA 2K is a series of basketball video games that you can play on a number of platforms, including Windows, PlayStation, Xbox, Wii, iOS, Nintendo Switch, and Google Stadia. The latest edition is NBA 2K20, available for Windows, Switch, PS4, and Xbox One.
In NBA 2K20, you can control a single player or an entire basketball team, as well as choose players from the current NBA season. The game also features career and online modes.
Unfortunately, many users report NBA 2K lag when trying to join online sessions, which can become really frustrating. However, you can use a VPN to improve your ping and gameplay, eliminate all latency issues, and fix high ping.
What are the best VPNs to fix NBA 2K lag?
Private Internet Access (PIA) is the easiest way to fix NBA 2k lagging. It’s a reliable virtual private network solution that can fix packet loss and improve gameplay by getting rid of any latency causes.
Made by Kape Technologies, PIA can be installed on a number of devices, including Windows, Switch, PS4, and Xbox One, making it an excellent VPN for NBA 2K20. Plus, it’s one of the few VPNs with 24/7 live chat support.
How can PIA help you:
- +3,300 servers in 47 countries
- Port forwarding to enhance your connection quality
- 10 simultaneous connections
- Great for fixing NBA 2K input lag
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet Access
Fix NBA 2k lag and reduce ping using this trustworthy VPN service for PC and console.
Surfshark is yet another performance-oriented VPN service that aims to provide high-speed rates.
It has over 3200 servers across the globe. This means that you are able to get the best traffic available for your configuration.
This VPN ensures that none of your data is collected. Along with the fact that you get great privacy, this also means that your internet service provider won’t be able to place any restriction on your traffic.
If you want to increase your speed and reduce the risk of ping, you can also allocate all your traffic to NBA 2K. For this, you will have to activate the Bypass feature.
This will enable you to connect to your game via a VPN, while the rest of your apps will connect directly to your actual IP. It can really boost speed, and you can quickly enable and disable it in just one click.
Other key features of SurfShark include:
- Secures lost connections with Kill Switch
- Powerful AES-256-GCM encryption
- Secure IKEv2/IPsec protocols
- Private DNS on each server
- Compatible with all major platforms
SurfShark is a subscription-based service with three different plans available. You can try it out for free for 7 days and see how it works for your needs.
Pick the device of your choice and enjoy NBA 2K with no interruptions.
Another way to fix NBA 2K20 lag on PC and console is by turning to CyberGhost VPN, which is also a product of Kape Technologies. It offers a simple solution to eliminate network congestion so that you can enjoy the online edition of the popular basketball game.
CyberGhost VPN is compatible with a wide range of devices, including Windows, Switch, PS4 and Xbox One, which are supported by NBA 2K20. Plus, it has split tunneling mode so that you can easily set up whitelists and blacklists.
How can CyberGhost VPN help you:
- +6,400 servers in 89 countries
- Private DNS servers and DNS leak protection
- 7 simultaneous connections
- Excellent for eliminating NBA 2K20 lagging on Xbox
- 45-day money-back guarantee (1-day free trial)
Remove the NBA 2K lag and boost your Internet connection with CyberGhost VPN!
You can share BullGuard VPN with all your devices to secure web connections, as well as use it to minimize Wi-Fi packet loss. The tool uses the OpenVPN protocol to encrypt your data traffic.
How can BullGuard VPN help you:
- +2,000 servers in 16 countries
- Evade geoblocks and access blocked sites
- 6 simultaneous connections
- Works best with NBA 2K mobile lags
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Eliminate NBA 2K lag and speed up your Internet connection by using this practical VPN service.
The NBA 2K video games are great for basketball fans, especially thanks to the high resolution that significantly improves your gameplay. However, it can become really annoying to deal with NBA 2K lag and high ping every time you join an online server session.
By redirecting all your network traffic through VPN servers, you can fix any issues related to connection delays and drops. It also makes it possible to host your own game servers. You just need to use fast VPN servers, like the ones provided by Private Internet Access.
For any errors related to your virtual private network service, see our VPN Troubleshooting Hub.
Join our Gaming VPN section if you have lag and high ping in other games.
Frequently Asked Questions
The easiest way to check your ping on NBA 2K20 is by running a ping test from your device to nba2k.com.
NBA 2K lag can be caused by a number of issues, such as invalid IP configuration on Wi-Fi, bandwidth throttling, restricted network, or game server problems.
If you have double NAT, this could be one of the reasons why you lag on NBA 2K20.
The quickest way to fix online lag in NBA 2K is by using a reliable VPN service like PIA to reduce high ping and eliminate connectivity issues.