How to fix common .NET Framework 3.5 errors in Windows 10
In this article, we will concentrate on many of the common .NET Framework 3.5 errors and how to fix them. .NET Framework is a software framework by Microsoft. .NET version 3.5, released in 2007, is a major release of that framework and is still commonly used in many applications.
Common .NET Framework 3.5 errors
Fix .NET Framework error 0x800F0906, 0x800F081F, and 0x800F0907
.NET Framework 3.5 isn’t built-in into Windows 10; you have to install it manually. There is a potential you’ll meet this set of error codes when you try to install the framework.
To fix these error codes, you need to follow the following steps:
Download the Windows Media Creation Tool, which is a tool that helps you download a windows 10 ISO.
- Use the Windows Media Creation Tool to create a Windows 10 ISO image locally.
When the download is complete, mount the ISO by double clicking on it.
- Start the Local Group Policy Editor or Group Policy Management Console: the easiest way to do this is by opening the Command Prompt (CMD) as an administrator and typing gpedit.
- When opens, expand the Administrative Template folder on the right, and click on System.
- Scroll down until you find the Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair option and double click on it.
A window will open. On the right you’ll see three options, by default Disabled is selected. Change it to Enabled. Also, under Alternative source file path paste the address of the ‘sources/sxs’ of the ISO that you mounted in step 3. Click on OK after that.
Run the gpupdate /force command in the CMD with administrator privilege,
- The issue should be fixed, and you should be able to install .NET Framework 3.5 again without issues.
Read also: How to install the .NET Framework in Windows 10.
Fix .NET Framework error code 0x800F0922
Another one of common .NET Framework 3.5 errors. This error occurs when you update Windows 10, and .NET starts behaving unexpectedly. You can fix it by following these steps:
- Have a Windows 10 ISO downloaded and mounted before proceeding (You can do that by following the steps 1, 2, and 3 from the previous fix).
- Open the mounted ISO, and go into the Sources folder.
- There should be a folder named sxs. Copy the folder to another location on your computer. For example, in this tutorial, we’ll copy it to the Documents folder.
- Right click on the copied folder, and choose Properties from the drop-down menu.
- When the Properties window opens, click on the Security tab. Select your user name from the Group or user names box; check if there is a checkmark next to Read and Write in the Permissions for [Your Username] box.
- If you don’t find the check marks, you should click on the Edit button, select your username, and check both the Read and the Write box.
- Open the Command Prompt and type in this command, “dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:netfx3 /all /source:[path] /limitaccess”. You should replace the [path] with the path of the sxs folder in your computer.
- The last step is to run this command, “dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth”.
Fix .NET error code 0x80071A91
This is a mysterious error, and the causes for it aren’t certain. You can try one of the following two methods to fix it.
The first method is by uninstalling .NET Framework 3.5 and installing it again. You can do so by following these steps:
- Right click on the Start button, and choose Programs and Features from the list.
- Click on Turn Windows features on or off, you’ll find it on the right side, and that’ll open a new window. You should find an item named .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0), deselect it, and wait for the operation to finish. After that, restart your computer.
- After restarting, follow the same steps to install it again, and you shouldn’t have any problems.
The second method is by entering three commands into the Command Prompt with administrator privilege:
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
These commands should fix the issue, if not, try combining both methods by applying them consecutively.
This was a list of the most common .NET Framework 3.5 errors you’ll face when using Windows 10. We hope it had the error you were looking for. Tell us in the comments section if it worked for you, or if there is another error you’d like us to cover.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix “The environment is incorrect” error 10
- Fix: Windows 10 update error 0x80070663
- How to fix the “ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND” error code
Anyone who knows a thing or two about PC gaming most likely knows what Steam is. This video game digital distribution platform is probably the […]