Don’t we all love a good movie night? This brings up a core feature of Netflix, and namely renting out DVD’s, from their monthly plan. But there are reported instances when their website couldn’t be reached, as the Netflix DVDs website is temporarily unavailable.
First of all, make sure that the service is available in your country. If it is and the website is still unavailable, continue reading.
Here’s how one user described the issue on the Netflix-dedicated subreddit.
so i tried to go to the dvd.com website and i saw that it says that “The Netflix DVDs website is temporarily unavailable.” is it like that only for me? thanks
Access the website successfully by following the instructions below.
Is the DVD.com website down?
1. Clear your browser data
- From your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More.
- Click More tools then click Clear browsing data.
- Choose a time range, might be Last hour or All time.
- Select the types of information you want to remove.
- Click Clear data.
- You’re all set.
- Firstly, click on the menu button and choose Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel and go to the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Click the Manage Data… button, now the Manage Cookies and Site Data dialog will appear.
- In the Search websites field, type the name of the site whose cookies you want to remove.
- To remove all cookies and storage data for the website, click Remove All Shown.
- To remove selected items, select an entry and click Remove Selected.
- Click on Save Changes.
- Click OK in the Removing Cookies and Site Data confirmation button, then close the Options menu.
- You’re good to go now.
- To view your browsing history, select Favorites then History.
- Select Clear history.
- Choose the types of data you want to remove from your browser, then select Clear.
- If you are using Cortana and wish to clear browsing history that’s stored in the cloud, select Change what Microsoft Edge knows about me in the cloud, then select Clear activity.
2. Access the website with Incognito mode
- Open your browser and click on the Menu (in the top right corner).
- Open Incognito/Private mode in a new window.
- Navigate to dvd.com and look for improvements.
3. Switch to an alternative browser
Alternatively, you might want to switch to a browser that is less prone to cache and cookies issues. UR Browser is what we like to call a perfect balance between speed, reliability, and an abundance of useful features.
Not to mention that, in comparison to Google’s Chrome which is soon going to lose ad-block extensions, UR Browser will keep all intrusive ads at bay forever.
Download UR Browser today and stream Netflix or order DVDs with ease.
If you’re still not sure you should switch to UR Browser, check out our in-depth review of the browser to learn more about it.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to protect your Windows 10 device on public Wi-Fi network
- How to fix This version of Netflix is not compatible error
- There was a problem communicating with Netflix [FIX THIS]
- How to fix There was a problem connecting to Netflix error