- Encountering the Netflix error code f7701-1003 can make you feel annoyed, and that's perfectly normal.
- To fix this issue, you will need to enable the DRM content option in Firefox, and reinstall the browser.
- Check out our comprehensive Netflix Hub for more interesting information on this topic.
- To make sure you always know how to tackle an error on Netflix, consider bookmarking our useful Netflix Errors Section.
The Netflix error code f7701-1003 pertains to the Firefox browser. That error arises for some Firefox users when they try playing Netflix movies on Fox.
The error message for the f7701-1003 code states:
We’re having trouble playing Netflix. Please make sure you’re using the latest version of Firefox and try again.
Consequently, Netflix movies don’t play on Fox.
How can I fix the Netflix error code f7701-1003?
1. Update the Firefox browser
First, make sure you’re utilizing the latest Firefox version.
- To check for Fox updates, click the browser’s Open menu button.
- Select the Help submenu.
- Click the About Firefox option. Then Firefox will be updated with the latest available update.
- Click the Restart to update Firefox button.
2. Enable DRM support
- Some Firefox users have confirmed the enabling DRM support can resolve f7701-1003.
- Click Open menu in Firefox.
- Select Options to open the tab shown directly below.
- In General, scroll down to the Digital Rights Management Console section in the snapshot directly below.
- Select the Play DRM-controlled content checkbox if it’s not selected.
- Thereafter, restart the Firefox browser.
3. Check the Widevine Firefox plugin is enabled
The Widevine plugin needs to be enabled to Netflix.
- To check that plugin is active, click Firefox’s Open menu button.
- Click Add-ons to open the tab in the snapshot directly below.
- Select Plugins on the left of the tab.
- Click the … button for Widevine Content Decryption Module.
- Select the Always Active option.
- Click the Widevine plugin to open further options.
- Select On for the Allow automatic updates option.
4. Enable Firefox history
Check that Firefox is configured to remember page history.
- Click Open menu > Options to open that tab.
- Click Privacy on the left of the Options tab.
- Select Remember history on the Firefox will drop-down menu shown directly below.
- Then restart Firefox.
5. Reset Firefox
Resetting Firefox will restore the web browser to its default settings, which might resolve Netflix error code f7701-1003.
- Click Open menu at the top right of Firefox.
- Select Help to open the menu shown directly below.
- Select Troubleshooting Information to open the tab in the snapshot directly below.
- Then click the Refresh Firefox button.
- Click Refresh Firefox on the dialog box window that opens.
6. Don’t play Netflix movies within Firefox’s incognito mode
Netflix error code f7701-1003 can also be due to Firefox’s incognito mode. New Private Window is Fox’s incognito mode option. So, don’t select the New Private Window option in Firefox.
7. Reinstall Firefox
Some users have also confirmed that reinstalling Firefox fixed Netflix error code f7701-1003 for them.
- To do that, open Run with the Windows key + R hotkey for it.
- Type appwiz.cpl in Run’s text box and click OK to open the Windows uninstaller.
- Select Mozilla Firefox within the software list.
- Press the Uninstall button, and click Yes to confirm.
- Restart Windows before reinstalling Firefox.
- Click Download Now on Firefox’s website to get the installer for the latest version.
- Install Firefox with its setup wizard.
Those are some of the best fixes for Netflix error code f7701-1003. So, those resolutions will probably resolve the f7701 error for most Firefox users.
FAQ: Read more about Netflix issues on Firefox
- How do I play Netflix on Firefox?
To play Netflix on Firefox, simply open the browser, navigate to the Netflix website, log into your account, and then choose a show/movie to watch by clicking on it. This works way faster if you use the right browsers for streaming services.
- Why is my Netflix not working?
There could be a variety of reasons for Netflix not working, but the most common solutions include restarting the app, restarting the device you’re using, and checking for any Internet connectivity issues from your side.
More so, make sure that your VPN is not eating up all the bandwidth.
- How do you use Netflix as a Scener?
In order to use Netflix as Scener and watch your favorite TV shows or movies with your friends and family, you will need to download the Netflix extension for your browser, start it, log into your account, and invite your friends.