Download these Netgear firmware updates to make sure you don’t get hacked
Some time ago, a serious security flaw was discovered in numerous Netgear routers. As soon as the vulnerability was identified, Netgear promised a firmware update. And now, the company finally released the patch, which will make sure users of Netgear routers are safe.
The vulnerability could allow attackers to take the control over the Command Line, which will grant them access to the entire system. Affected models are the Netgear R6200, R6400, R6700, R7000, R7100LG, R7300, R7900, and R8000 routers, as well as some others.
The update was released to all affected routers. If you use a vulnerable router, you can download the latest firmware update from these links:
- R6250 Firmware Version 184.108.40.206
- R6400 Firmware Version 220.127.116.11
- R7000 Firmware Version 18.104.22.168
- R8000 Firmware Version 22.214.171.124
Additionally, beta firmware releases for the following Netgear routers are also still available:
- R6700 Firmware Version 126.96.36.199 (Beta)
- R6900 Firmware Version 188.8.131.52 (Beta)
- R7100LG Firmware Version 184.108.40.206 (Beta)
- R7300DST Firmware Version 220.127.116.11 (Beta)
- R7900 Firmware Version 18.104.22.168 (Beta)
To install the latest firmware update for your Netgear router, do the following:
- Download a suitable update from one of the links listed above.
- Log in to the router via http://www.routerlogin.net
- Go to Advanced > Administration > Firmware Upgrade
- Click Browse, and then on Firmware update
- Now, just upload the downloaded file, and wait for the process to finish
Netgear announced that it will keep looking for possible vulnerabilities in other routers. As soon as a new vulnerability is discovered, the company will make sure to release another security update. You can keep track of all firmware updates on Netgear’s official website.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Netgear Wireless Adapter Problems in Windows 10
- Top 21 Wi-Fi extenders for your Windows 10 device
- Nighthawk X10 is a new router which supports 4K and VR gaming
- Fix: Windows 10 Can’t Connect To Router
- 5 best Wi-Fi hotspot software for Windows 10
Users reported on Reddit that Windows 10 v1903 sometimes causes loss of Wi-Fi connectivity. For example, one user indicated that this problem may appear on […]
Have you ever tried using MS Works on Windows 10? It might be harder than you think. Even though Works has been discontinued by Microsoft, […]