6 Best Network Backup Software [Windows 10/11 & Mac]
Network backup software is perfect when you can access NAS storage
- If your important data isn’t properly backed up, that’s why you probably look for the best network backup software.
- Plenty of vendors step in with solutions to protect your data and store it safely on any network location.
- You will also find a free solution that comes with basic backup tools.
Worried about the safety of your data? This is where network backup software steps in on its own, as it allows you to easily manage and automate backing-up tasks.
You’re supposed to let everything run and save in the background while you’re on the go or completing other tasks on both Windows 10 & Mac PCs.
How can network backup software help you?
Below, we have outlined the best network backup software that will use your Internet connection to secure your data on the cloud or other network-related storage solutions.
However, our software recommendations also cover the following criteria and functions:
- Free network backup software – Even if it doesn’t offer a choice of wizards, Cobian Backup is a reliable free network backup software tool.
- Home network backup software – Your searches aren’t always about which backup system is best. If ease of use is what matters too, our above picks won’t let you down.
- Network PLC backup software – Backing up PLC programs isn’t a challenge when having the right tools. Take a peek above and become a master at replicating and backing up PLC programs into a single computer network.
- Backup software that works with network drive – Most of the tools below will help you easily back up all the network drive shared files.
- PC local software to back up the home network – The best PC backup software for the home network should be capable and flexible. Vembu, Acronis, and others provide such backup solutions that are adequate for the average user.
That’s why we have handpicked the best network backup software for both small offices and large corporations. Ready to discover them all?
What’s the best home & local network backup software to use?
Vembu Back-up Endpoints – Continuous backups
Vembu ensures file and folder-level backups of all your Windows & Mac endpoints so it’s just what you’re looking for.
In fact, this tool stores the backups with end-to-end encryption right into the Vembu BDR Backup Server for free.
Plus, Vembu provides Continuous Data Protection for your files and folders on a minute-by-minute, hourly, daily, or weekly basis, according to your needs.
And if you interrupt the process by restarting an endpoint, for instance, the app will continue seamlessly from the point it got stopped.
In case something happened to your data, Vembu instantly restores the entire backup to the original location or any other location you may want.
Backup procedures obviously take up your bandwidth. However, with Vembu, you may set up the speed of the backup data transfer so you can reduce the network traffic.
Take a look at its best features:
- Receive notifications about the current status of the configured backups
- AES-256 bit encryption both in flight and at rest
- Retain any number of deleted files/folders based on their version count or the number of versions created within a time frame
- Resumes the backup from where it left off
- Continuous Data Protection for backing up files and folders
Vembu Back-up Endpoints
Back up all the data on your Windows or Mac endpoints completely secure with AES-256-bit encryption.
Acronis Cyber Backup – Great for Windows endpoints
You clearly haven’t tried out Acronis Cyber Backup if you still think that there’s no foolproof network backup software.
Acronis Cyber Backup adheres to the principle of zero downtime with efficient recovery tools that work impeccably all the time.
Most of all, it is very easy to operate, and you can back up data to the storage location (NAS, SAN, Acronis Cloud, or any private or public cloud) by following just a few simple steps.
Rest assured that you can easily recover specific Microsoft application data or even complete systems with ease, all from a single backup.
You can also get this software on a 30-day free trial since it is known as a solution for confident users who never settle for less than what they truly deserve.
Here are some Acronis Cyber Backup key features that you’re about to enjoy:
- Manages both small and large Windows server environments
- Fast and reliable backup tools
- Intuitive recovery features
- Highly customizable
- Shadow Copy technology
Acronis Cyber Backup
Use Acronis Cyber Backup to protect every bit of valuable data. Ready for this top network backup software?
Handy Backup – Modern backup capabilities
Handy Backup is in the backup field for a long time. You need to know from the start that we’re talking about a flexible solution for people looking for power and reliability.
This server backup software controls the entire network backup over the one console that functions with no interruption.
Even more, you can even set up other programs to run before or after a particular backup server task, turning Handy Backup into an active part of integrated data workflow.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
No less important, what truly makes Handy Backup to stand out is its continuous focus on customer satisfaction, by offering free, yet reliable tech support.
Here are some Handy Backup key features that you’re about to enjoy:
- Scalable backup software
- Intuitive New Task Wizard
- Modern backup capabilities
- Stores backups both locally and on remote servers
- Quick Restoration of all data
That’s your chance to optimize storage space, time and security. Handy Backup truly is a top network backup software.
Aomei Server Backuper – Flexible data recovery
Aomei Server Backuper is another network backup software tool that meets users’ expectations in terms of safeguarding their operating systems.
As you can imagine, it is embedded with backup, restore, and cloning features, giving you the flexibility you need.
It can be easily used to create and schedule backup procedures, not to mention all those cloning tools that are useful in upgrading hard drives or migrating operating systems.
Here are some Aomei Server Backuper key features that you’re about to enjoy:
- Flexible data recovery features
- Scheme feature to delete old backups
- Multiple backup storage choices
- 24/7 free technical support
- 30M+ happy users
Aomei Server Backuper
Smart data backup and disaster recovery are part of the Aomei Server Backuper package. Ready to try it out?
NAKIVO Backup & Replication – Great for SaaS environments
NAKIVO Backup & Replication can be easily operated, yet it doesn’t mean that it falls short in terms of network backup tools.
After all, it has gained popularity thanks to its wide range of features dedicated to protecting and backing up your virtual, physical, cloud, and SaaS environments.
The company prides itself on its customer support department. With helpful technical support engineers that can be easily contacted right from the product’s web interface, you’re never alone in times of need.
Even better, you’ve got the chance to choose from multiple pricing options that include per-socket perpetual, per-workload subscription, as well as SaaS subscription.
Here are some NAKIVO Backup & Replication key features that you’re about to enjoy:
- Minimal backup size
- Built-in disaster recovery solution
- Multiple backup options, including cloud platforms
- Impeccable data protection
- Outstanding customer support reviews
Cobian Backup – Good backup flexibility
The primary feature of this network backup software is the backup flexibility that it offers. Users worldwide schedule multiple backup procedures with Cobian Backup.
Moreover, files can be archived on another local hard drive, network location, or even FTP servers. Therefore, we’d say that it’s designed for both small business and home use.
One of the major downsides of using Cobian Backup is the fact that it lacks an intuitive wizard to automate the process. Decrypting/decompressing files can turn into a challenge if you lack certain skills.
Otherwise, most things are relatively straightforward and even encryption is easily applied.
Here are some Cobian Backup key features that you’re about to enjoy:
- User-friendly UI
- Support for multiple backup jobs
- Remote control option
- Different security settings
- Optional encryption
It is fairly annoying if you don’t know where to look for extra help when needing the best network backup software solutions.
You might also be interested in our list of the best bootable backup software for Windows.
Which of the above solutions is your final pick for today? Let us know by using the comments area below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.