The SnapBridge application by Nikon allows the users to control their Nikon camera using a smartphone. SnapBridge uses Bluetooth connection to establish a connection between the devices. Sometimes, you may encounter Nikon camera not connecting to Bluetooth issue.
According to the reports, the users are unable to control the camera after setting up the SnapBridge app. Similar issues are also reported in the Reddit Community.
I got a D3400 a couple of weeks ago and am just now setting up Snapbridge, which can’t connect to my camera because…I can’t get Bluetooth to work. When I go to turn on Bluetooth on the camera, it’s grayed out and says “this option is not available at current settings or in the camera‘s current state.”
If you Nikon camera Bluetooth is not working. Follow the troubleshooting tips in this article to resolve the error.
Fix Nikon camera & SnapBridge Bluetooth connection issue
1. Initiate connection from camera
- If the Bluetooth option on your camera is greyed out, follow these steps.
- Make sure the Bluetooth is On your phone and launch SnapBridge app.
- On your camera, go to Setup Menu > Connect to Smart Device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions on your camera as well as the Snapbridge app.
- This should enable the Bluetooth on your camera. Once done, try using the SnapBridge app and check for any improvements.
2. Unpair and reconnect to Bluetooth
- You can fix the temporary issues with Bluetooth connection by forgetting and reconnecting to the device.
- On your smartphone, go to Settings.
- Go to Bluetooth and turn on Bluetooth.
- From the list of paired devices, tap on the Nikon camera.
- Tap on Unpair.
- Turn off and turn on Bluetooth again on both the smartphone and camera.
- Pair your phone with the camera. Launch SnapBridge and check if the issue is resolved.
3. Clear app cache and data
- The bad cache can create issues with the SnapBridge app functionality.
- On your smartphone, tap on Settings.
- Scroll down to Apps > Manage apps.
- Wait for the app list to be loaded.
- Tap on SnapBridge app to open it.
- At the bottom of the page, tap on Clear data.
- Select Clear cache and tap on Yes to confirm the action.
- Next, tap on Force Close. Tap on Yes to confirm.
4. Reinstall SnapBridge
- If the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the SnapBridge app.
- First, make sure you follow the first step again and unpair the camera.
- From the Home Screen, tap and hold on SnapBridge icon.
- Select Uninstall and tap on Yes to confirm the action.
- Open PlayStore and download SnapBridge.
- After the installation, try to setup SnapBridge again and check if the Nikon camera Bluetooth not connecting issue is resolved.
5. Perform a power cycle
- Remove the SD card from the camera.
- Turn off the camera and remove the battery.
- Re-install the SnapBridge app. (Ignore if you have already reinstalled the app).
- Reinsert the battery and SD card.
- Try to repair the device again and check for any improvements.
By following the troubleshooting tips in this article, you should be able to fix Nikon camera Bluetooth not working problem.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE: