If you had an encounter with the error No user logon when trying to access your favorite games in Steam, you know how frustrating it can be. For these reasons, in this article we will explore some of the best methods to solve this issue, and get you playing online with your friends in no time. Read on to find out how.
How to fix No user logon Steam error? For starters, check if your Steam client is up to date. If updating Steam doesn’t help, you might have to change the priority of the process that’s giving you this error. In case that doesn’t work, you can also try verifying the game’s cache.
How can I fix Disconnected no user logon error?
- Run games from Steam library
- Check if you have the latest version of Steam
- Log in and out of Steam
- Set custom priority in Task Manager
- Verify game integrity through Steam
1. Run games from Steam library
Even though it seems pretty simple, sometimes this trick can fix No user logon error. Instead of double-clicking the desktop icon to launch your favorite game, a better option would be to open up Steam and launch the games from the Game Library.
Some users have reported that this was all they had to do to get rid of the No user logon error, so feel free to try it.
2. Check if you have the latest version of Steam
- Open up Steam and sign in.
- On the top taskbar, click on Steam menu button, and then select Check for Steam Client Updates.
- After the update process is complete, try playing the game again and check if you get the same error message.
3. Log in and out of Steam
Some users have reported that the No user logon error disappeared after they logged in and logged out of Steam a few times.
It is worth mentioning that the minimum number of times you need to do this in order for it to work is 3 times, and the maximum is defined only by your patience.
4. Set custom priority in Task Manager
- While running Steam and the game with issues, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys on your keyboard to launch Task Manager.
- For the sake of this example, we will assume that the game you’re having issues with is CS GO.
- In the Processes tab in Task Manager, find the CS GO.exe > right click on it > Go to details.
- Doing this will float you over to the Details tab in Task Manager, and it will auto-select the program you right-clicked on.
- Right click on the game executable file, and choose Set priority > High.
- Close Task Manager, and retry running the game through Steam.
- If the problem still persists, try out the next solution.
5. Verify game integrity through Steam
Sometimes corrupted game files can cause No user logon error to appear. To fix it, you need to verify the game cache by following these steps:
- Open up Steam, and click on Library tab.
- In the list of games, right-click on the one that’s causing issues, and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, select the Local Files tab, then click on Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
- After the verification process is completed, restart Steam, and try accessing the game again.
In this article we explored 5 proven methods that can solve the No User Logon error in Steam. We started with the least invasive method possible, and ended with a method that will consult the Steam servers and update the possible missing files automatically.
We would love to know if your problem was fixed by reading this article. Please feel free to let us know how these methods worked out for you by using the comment section below.