How to Fix Number Pad not Working in Windows
Have you tried using the number pad in your Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating system and for some reason it is not working? You don’t need to worry because you will soon find out how to fix the number pad from within your Windows 8 or Windows 10 device.
Beside the fact that you need to enable the number pad feature in Windows 8 or Windows 10 you will also have to watch out for the keyboard functions on your laptop or desktop device and make sure to have this feature enabled. But you will find out more about this issue by following the steps posted below.
Tutorial for fixing number pad if it is not working in Windows 8 or Windows 10
- Left click or tap on the “Desktop” icon you have in the start screen of your Windows 8 or Windows 10 device.
- Left click or tap on the “Start” button.
- Left click or tap on the “Control Panel” icon you have there.
Note: Another way to open Control panel is to left click on the “Search” feature in the Charms bar and write “Control panel”. After that you need to left click on the Control Panel icon.
- In the “Control Panel” window look for the “Ease of Access” option and left click on it.
- Left click on the “Ease of Access Center” button.
- Left click or tap on the “Change how your keyboard works” button.
- You will have there a section that says “Control the mouse with the keyboard”. In that section of the window you need to uncheck the box next to “Turn ON mouse keys”.
- Left click or tap on the “OK” button.
Look on your keyboard for a button that says “NumLock” and make sure to enable this button.
Note: If this button is disabled your numbers from the right side of the keyboard will not work.
Above you have two easy steps on how to fix your number pad if it is not working in your Windows 8 or Windows 10 device. Keep in mind that if you have a hardware failure on the keyboard then you need to take the laptop or the desktop keyboard to a specialized store. Write us below for any questions that you might have on this article and we will help you as soon as possible.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2014 and has been revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness. We want to be sure that our list has the best products that will fit your needs.
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]
Microsoft released a new Windows 7 update to the general public. Update KB4457139 is actually a preview of the upcoming monthly rollup update and allows users […]