- When the number pad is not working on Windows 10, the problem might be with the NumLock key.
- Alternatively, when you notice that the Numpad is not working, try resetting the way your keyboard is working from the settings menu.
- An easy way to bypass this issue is to use an on-screen keyboard.
- Windows has this functionality, but there are third-party apps that you can try as well.
Have you tried using the number pad in your Windows 10 operating system and for some reason it is not working? You don’t need to worry because we will show you how to easily restore its functionality.
For this purpose, you need to make sure that the NumLock key is activated. Since this is not a primary key, it is usually trickier to see it, but it’s actually easy to use this function.
Assuming that you’ve already checked this detail and that the key isn’t actually stuck, there are a few other things you can do. So follow the steps below.
What can I do if my keyboard number pad isn’t working?
1. Change how your keyboard works
- In the Windows 10 search bar, type Ease of Access.
- You should see Ease of Acces keyboard settings option coming up; click on it.
- Go to the Find a setting field.
- Type Control the mouse with the keyboard and open the option.
- Make sure that the option is off.
2. Use an on-screen keyboard
Open Ease of Acces keyboard settings as before. You’ll see the Use the On-screen keyboard option right in front of you.
Toggle the button to activate this feature and try typing like this. It might be a bit uncomfortable since the keys are arranged differently from a regular keyboard.
So another option that we recommend is a special softaware keyboard. Comfort Onscreen Keyboard Pro is the perfect tool in this respect.
It can be used on any device, and not only does it immitate a keyboard but you an customize it anyway you like it.
Besides, the app will work on any Windows device, just by using a mouse, touch screen, pen, or any other pointing device for typing.
Comfort On-Screen Keyboard Pro
A highly accessible and versatile keyboard that anyone can use, whenever your keyboard keys get stuck.
Above you have two easy steps on how to fix your number pad if it is not working in your or Windows 10 device.
Keep in mind that if you have a hardware failure on the keyboard then you need to take the laptop or the desktop keyboard to a specialized store.
Have you tried other alternatives to keep using the Numpad when it wasn’t working? If so, please let us know in the comments,