Have you tried using the number pad in your Windows 10 operating system and for some reason it is not working? You don’t need to worry because you will soon find out how to fix the number pad from within your Windows 10 device.
Beside the fact that you need to enable the number pad feature in Windows 10, you will also have to watch out for the keyboard functions on your laptop or desktop device and make sure to have this feature enabled.
But you will know more about this issue by following the steps posted below.
What can I do if my number pad isn’t working on Windows 10?
- Left click or tap on the “Desktop” icon you have in the start screen of your Windows 10 device.
- Left click or tap on the “Start” button.
- Left click or tap on the “Control Panel” icon you have there.
Note: Another way to open Control panel is to left click on the “Search” feature in the Charms bar and write “Control panel”. After that you need to left click on the Control Panel icon.
- In the “Control Panel” window look for the “Ease of Access” option and left click on it.
- Left click on the “Ease of Access Center” button.
- Left click or tap on the “Change how your keyboard works” button.
- You will have there a section that says “Control the mouse with the keyboard”. In that section of the window you need to uncheck the box next to “Turn ON mouse keys”.
- Left click or tap on the “OK” button.
Look on your keyboard for a button that says “NumLock” and make sure to enable this button.
Note: If this button is disabled, your numbers from the right side of the keyboard will not work. If your NumLock key is stuck, take a look on this simple guide and you’ll fix the problem in no time.
Another option that we recommend in case you have problems with some function buttons on your keyboard is an on-screen keyboard to use. Comfort Onscreen Keyboard Pro is the tool that will help you with that.
You can use your physical keyboard but for some keys as NumLock, CapsLock or insert you can use Onscreen Keyboard Pro to activate-deactivate them.
You can download a trial version from Comfort official website, so we suggest you download and try it.
Above you have two easy steps on how to fix your number pad if it is not working in your or Windows 10 device. Keep in mind that if you have a hardware failure on the keyboard then you need to take the laptop or the desktop keyboard to a specialised store.
Write us below for any questions that you might have on this article and we will help you as soon as possible.
RELATED ARTICLES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows Reading List App Gets Support Windows Phone, Free Download
- What can I do if my laptop mousepad is not working?
- 6 of the best Notepad alternatives to use
- Media keys not working on Windows 10 [SIMPLEST SOLUTIONS]
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2014 and has been revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness. We want to be sure that our list has the best products that will fit your needs.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in November 2014 and was revamped and updated in June 2019 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.