Nvidia’s freshly released GeForce Driver 397.31 WHQL brings the general public a few updates and fixes along with some juicy novelties. These new exciting features include support for Nvidia RTX Technology and a new file cleanup operation after installing drivers.
You can get the new driver from the GeForce Experience or as a separate download via the official website. It works on all systems running Windows 7 and later versions. Here’s what new on Nvidia’s latest driver.
Nvidia GeForce Driver 397.31 new features and bug fixes
A new file cleanup
Nvidia will clean up the folder automatically after you install the updated driver which means that you will not have to free up space on your disk manually anymore.
Support for Nvidia RTX Technology
Nvidia RTX Technology is a ray tracing tech for DirectX 12, and it requires the following: Microsoft DXR developer package, Windows 10 RS4, Nvidia Volta graphics card, and Nvidia driver at least version 396.
More new features are included in Nvidia Driver 397.31
The driver also comes with the following features:
- Support for Vulkan 1.1
- New HD audio sample rates
- New libraries
- A new NVDECODE API that allows clients to reconfigure the decoder resolution and post-processing parameters
- Game Ready support for FrostPunk and BattleTech
- Updates and 3D Vision profiles for various titles including Descenders, Frostpunk, Warhammer: Vermintide 2, Far Cry 5, and Eve Valkyrie – Warzone
— RELATED: Fix: Nvidia driver crash in Windows 10
Nvidia GeForce Driver 397.31 WHQL fixes
The driver fixes the following issues:
- The game crash in Doom using GeForce GTX 1080 when HDR was enabled got fixed.
- The game crash in Far Cry 5 on GeForce GTX 1060 devices was also resolved.
- The problem in which Windows was prevented from shutting down if Steam was launched got fixed.
- The driver error in Firefox was fixed.
- The flickering and corruption in Rise of the Tomb Raider on GeForce GTX 1060 systems were also fixed.
- The SLI issue and V-Sync problems in Diablo III have been fixed as well.
Unfortunately, this driver is not free of its own issues which include video and desktop corruption in Microsoft Edge, green flickering in Far Cry 5, blue screen crash in Gears of War 4, TDR errors in Warhammer Vermintide 2 and more.
You can check out the complete list of bugs included in Nvidia’s GeForce Driver 397.31 WHQL.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: