If you were looking for Click-to-run Office 365 installer after you’ve uninstalled it, we have a bad news. You won’t be able to find it as Microsoft changed the way the digital distribution works. Now, there are some alternatives which require a tad more effort to get your hands on your digital copy of the famous Microsoft’s suite.
How to download Office installer these days
Method 1: Try online
Everything Microsoft’s these days comes in digital copies thus you’ll need an active internet connection to download Office 365 or Office 2019. The procedure is rather simple, although not that intuitive if we consider that Click-to-run installer was making the installation quite easy. What you’ll need to do is navigate to the office.com and sign in with the Microsoft account you used to purchase the license. Or, you can purchase it there if you haven’t.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
Once there, the things get simpler. Just follow the instructions below and you’ll have Office installer in no time:
- Navigate to the official and universal Office website, here.
- Sign in with your domain Microsoft account you’ve associated with the product key (or want to associate it).
- Choose Install Office.
- Click on the “I have an Office product key” if you do. If not, click Buy Office 365 next to it.
- The first option will take you to the Profile screen where you can click Try Office 365.
- The latter option will take you to the Product list where you can choose one of the options and buy either yearly or monthly subscription.
- The only remaining thing is to choose your version, add billing information, and start the free 1-month trial if you’re a first-timer. Users who have purchased the product key will get the link to setup download immediately.
- Double-click on the installer and follow the instructions closely.
Method 2: Check the Store
In addition, you can use the Microsoft Store as a shortcut and move from there. Of course, this applies if your system domain account is the one you want to use for purchasing (or already have used to purchase it). Just open Microsoft Store, search for Office 365 Home or Office 365 Personal. Click on the link and it will automatically open a browser and take you to the purchasing webpage.
Another thing we want to stress is that, with a Microsoft account, you already have the online version of 365 for free. So, if the offline work isn’t a priority, you can use all Office tool in the web-based environment.
Method 3: Download ODT (Office Deployment Tool) if you’re an IT professional
Finally, if you’re an IT professional and you want to push a few installations to one or multiple PCs, you can do so with the Office Deployment Tool. This is available for all users, but since the procedure requires a bit more knowledge about the configuration and networking, we reckon that the first two ways are more appropriate for a casual
With that said, we can conclude this article. In case you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to tell us in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- How to uninstall Office Click-to-run on Windows 10
- Full Fix: Office keeps asking me to sign in on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
- 5 best antivirus for Office 365: Here’s what to use in 2018
- Full Fix: Another installation is in progress Office 365