- If you uninstall Office Click-to-Run on Windows 10 you will lose its streaming and virtualization technology used for quick installing the Office products.
- You may also disable the Microsoft Office Click-to-Run software from the Services option.
- A great way of uninstalling Office Click-to-Run is by using a third-party uninstaller.
- You may also use a command-line tool from Windows to disable Microsoft Click to Run as instructed in one of our solutions.
Click-to-Run is a Microsoft streaming and virtualization technology that helps you to reduce the time required to install Office on Windows 10.
Basically, you can begin using an Office product before the whole product is installed on your computer.
Also, your Microsoft Office updates faster, and the programs installed with Click-and-Run are virtualized, so they do not conflict with other applications.
Still, if Office Click-to-Run does not meet your needs and you want to uninstall it, please follow the steps described below.
But first of all, you should check if the Office Click-to-Run is installed on your system or not. In order to do that, click on the File menu.
Then, click Help and search for the Click-to-Run updates. If you are able to see this option, then it is installed on your computer.
How can I remove Office Click-to-Run?
- Disable Click-to-Run from Services
- Try using a third-party uninstaller
- Download the Office version that is not Click-to-Run
- Disable Click-to-Run from Control Panel
- Disable Click-to-Run using Task Manager
1. Disable Click-to-Run from Services
- Press the Windows + R keyboard hotkey in order to launch the Run application.
- Type services.msc and press OK.
- Right-click on Microsoft Office Click-to-Run service and select Properties.
- In the General tab, go to Startup type, pull down the menu and select Disable.
- Click OK and restart your computer.
2. Try using a third-party uninstaller
It’s quick, easy, and simple to disable remove Office Click-to-Run on Windows 10 when using a third-party uninstaller tool.
The utility will practically take control over the uninstall process, removing what any other official uninstaller misses from the start.
After you have finished the uninstall with the built-in uninstaller from Windows 10, you can continue the process with a dedicated third-party uninstaller software.
A third-party uninstaller will scan your PC for any leftovers and will provide a report so you will know exactly what files were still on your system after the regular uninstall.
Usually, this kind of software is needed only for uninstalling stubborn software that is hard to get rid of through normal methods and can also help you keep your system in shape.
3. Download the Office version that is not Click-to-Run
- Visit the site where you purchased Office and sign in by using your Live ID.
- Click My account at the top of the home page to access your Office downloads.
- Click download for the suite you purchased and then click Advanced Options under Download now.
- A version of Office is listed that is not an Office Click-to-Run product and does not require the Q: drive to be available.
This is a simple way to get rid of the Click-to-Run problem so make sure to try it.
4. Disable Click-to-Run from Control Panel
- Type control in Windows search and click on Control Panel from the results.
- Click on the Programs and features item.
- Click on Uninstall or change a program.
- In the list of installed programs, click on Microsoft Office Click-to-Run.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Click YES when you are prompted to remove all applications that were installed by Click-to-Run.
5. Disable Click-to-Run using Task Manager
- Press Windows key + X.
- Choose Task Manager.
- Go to Startup tab.
- Click on Click-to-Run and select Disable.
- Restart your computer.
Since Click-to-Run provides updates to the Office suite and is an important component of Microsoft Office, it is not advisable to uninstall it.
If you want to get it back, here is the complete guide on how to download it. However, if you still have your reasons to do that, we hope that you will find useful the solutions described above.
Keep in mind though, that you should always have your software updated, as many of the updates include security patches that are very important in order to keep your data safe.
Also, the above solutions are recommended for all those times when facing these challenges:
- Disable Office Click-to-Run 2016 – The above guide includes several solutions that could possibly fix this issue. Disabling Click-to-Run from Services or Control Panel is a quick tip to take into consideration;
- Uninstall Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 – To uninstall Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 from your PC, you can either use the old-fashioned ways or use an unistaller software.
Are things any better now? Do give these fixes a try and let us know which one worked for you in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can start by disabling it from Services. Luckily, you can use our full guide to uninstall Office Click-to-Run.
Click-to-Run is a streaming and virtualization technology from Microsoft that helps you to reduce the time required to install Office. Here’s an article that will explain more about Office Click-to-Run.
If the software doesn’t uninstall by using regular means, you can use a dedicated uninstaller for Windows 10.