How to uninstall Office Click-to-run on Windows 10
How do I delete Click to Run in Office 2010, 2013, 2016?
- Disable Click-to-run from Services
- Download the Office version that is not Click-to-Run
- Disable Click-to-run from Control Panel
- Disable Click-to-run using Task Manager
Click-to-Run is a Microsoft streaming and virtualization technology that helps you to reduce the time required to install Office. Basically, you can begin using an Office product before the whole product is installed into your computer. Also, your Microsoft Office updates faster and the programs installed with Click-and-Run are virtualized, so they do not conflict with other applications. Still, if Office Click-to-Run does not meet your needs and you want to uninstall it, please follow the steps described below.
But first of all, you should check if the Office Click-to-Run is installed on your system or not. In order to do that, click on the File menu and then click Help and search for the Click-to-Run updates. If you are able to see Click-to-run updates, then it is installed on your computer.
How can I remove Office Click-to-run?
Solution 1: Disable Click-to-run from Services
- Press the Windows key + R in order to launch the Run application
- Type services.msc and press OK
- Right click on Microsoft Office Click-to-Run service and select Properties
- In the General tab, go to Startup type, pull down the menu and select Disable
- Click OK and restart your computer
Solution 2: Download the Office version that is not Click-to-Run
- Visit the site where you purchased Office and sign in by using your Live ID
- Click My account at the top of the home page to access your Office downloads
- Click download for the suite you purchased and then click Advanced Options under Download now
- A version of Office is listed that is not an Office Click-to-Run product and does not require the Q: drive to be available
Solution 3: Disable Click-to-run from Control Panel
- Click Start and the go to Control Panel
- Click on the Programs and features item
- Click on Uninstall or change a program
- In the list of installed programs, click on Microsoft Office Click-to-Run
- Click on Uninstall
- Click YES when you are prompted to remove all applications that were installed by Click-to-Run
Solution 4: Disable Click-to-run using Task Manager
- Press Windows key + X
- Choose Task Manager
- Go to Startup tab
- Click on Click-to-Run and select Disable
- Restart your computer
Since Click-to-Run provides update to the Office suite and is an important component of Microsoft Office, it is not advisable to uninstall Click-to-Run. However if you still have your reasons to do that, I hope that you will find useful the solutions described above. Keep in mind though, that you should always keep your software up to date, as many of the updates include security patches that are very important in order to keep your data safe.
- FIX: Couldn’t repair Office 2007/2010/2013/2016
- FIX: PowerPoint file is corrupted and cannot be opened/saved
- How to transfer Microsoft Office Suite to a different PC or user
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]