FIX: Oops! There was a problem displaying this page
A few Chrome users have stated on forums that they can’t open Google Play e-books in Google’s browser. When they try to open GP e-books in Chrome, an “Oops! There was a problem displaying this page” tab opens. Consequently, users can’t load non-free e-books within Chrome. These are a few resolutions that might fix the Google Play e-book error in Chrome.
Fix Google error: Oops! There was a problem displaying this page
- Open Google Play E-books With Other Compatible Browsers
- Clear Chrome’s Browser Data
- Add Cookie Exceptions for Google Play Books
- Reset the Browser
- Turn Off Ad-Blocker Extensions
1. Open Google Play E-books With Other Compatible Browsers
Try opening Google Play e-books with alternative browsers. You will need to open the GP e-books within compatible browsers, such as Safari, Edge, Opera and Firefox. This resolution isn’t exactly a fix for Chrome, but other browsers might still open the GP e-books.
2. Clear Chrome’s Browser Data
To fix the Google Play e-book error in Chrome, clear the browser‘s cache and cookies. That’s one of the best ways to fix website pages that aren’t loading, and the resolution might also fix GP e-books. You can clear Chrome‘s browser data as follows.
- Press the Customize Google Chrome button at the top right of the browser‘s window.
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data to open the window shown directly below.
- Select the Cookies and other site data and Cached images options.
- Then press the Clear Data button.
3. Add Cookie Exceptions for Google Play Books
- Some Chrome users have fixed the Google Play e-books error by adding cookie exceptions for Google books. To do that, press the Customize Google Chrome button and select Settings.
- Click Advanced at the bottom of the Settings tab to expand the options.
- Press the Content Settings button to open the content categories shown below.
- Click Cookies to open cookie settings.
- Press the ADD button for Allow, enter ‘books.googleusercontent.com’ in the text box and click ADD.
- Press the Allow ADD button again to enter ‘books.google.com’ in the Add a site text box. Then press the ADD button.
- Click See all cookies and site data to open a list of cookies.
- Enter ‘books’ in the Search cookies text box.
- Press the Remove All Shown button.
- Then press the Clear All button to confirm.
4. Reset the Browser
Some Chrome users have confirmed that resetting the browser can fix the GP e-book error. Resetting the browser will disable its extensions, clear browser data and restore Chrome to its default settings. This is how you can reset Google Chrome.
- Click Customize Google Chrome to open the browser‘s main menu.
- Select Settings to open the Settings tab.
- Scroll down and click Advanced to expand the Settings tab.
- Then scroll to the Restore settings to their original defaults option shown below.
- Press the Restore settings to their original defaults button to open a Reset settings window as below.
- Press the Reset Settings button to restore the browser.
5. Turn Off Ad-Blocker Extensions
The Google Play e-book error can also be due to ad-blockers that block site analytics. So, switching ad-blockers off can also fix the issue. Resetting Chrome will disable ad-blockers, but you can switch extensions off via the Extensions tab as follows.
- Press the Customize Google Chrome button.
- Select More tools > Extensions to open the tab shown directly below.
- Then you can toggle ad-blocker extensions off by clicking their disable buttons.
- Alternatively, you can click Remove to remove an ad-blocker extension.
Those resolutions will probably fix Chrome so that you can load Google Play e-books in the browser again. If you have further fixes for the GP e-book error, feel free to share them below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- FIX: “Whoops! There was a problem previewing this document” Google Drive error
- How to fix the’Oops, the system encountered a problem’ Gmail error
- Fix: Gmail won’t download/save attachments
Snipping Tool in Windows OS is a handy little utility that you can access by pressing the Windows + Shift + S shortcut key on […]
The master decryption keys for GandCrab ransomware are now available for all PC users. These keys can be used to decrypt GandCrab versions 4 to […]