- The Google Books problem displaying page error is caused by problems with your browser.
- The easiest fix to this problem is switching to a different browser, such as Opera.
- Add Google Books to your cookie exceptions by using our method to quickly get rid of the issue.
- Also, follow our method dedicated to clearing all of your Chrome's browsing data.
A few Chrome users have stated on forums that they can’t open Google Play e-books in Google’s browser. When they try to open GP e-books in Chrome, an Oops! There was a problem displaying this page tab opens.
Consequently, users can’t load non-free e-books within Chrome. These are a few resolutions that might fix the Google Play e-book error in Chrome.
After following our solutions in detail, you will be able to enjoy reading your favorite stories and novels on your browsers, in the e-book format, once more.
How do I fix the error displaying the page on Google Chrome?
1. Open Google Play E-books with other compatible browsers
Try opening Google Play e-books with alternative browsers. You will need to open the GP e-books within compatible browsers, such as Safari, Edge, Opera, and Firefox.
This resolution isn’t exactly a fix for Chrome, but other browsers might still open the GP e-books. It is always recommended to have more than one browser installed, especially for situations like this.
Even if browsers do the same thing, they come with different built-in features. Some websites can be opened only with a particular browser, some work better with others.
We recommend installing Opera. It is known for being really fast and it comes with some really cool data compression features. Additionally, it features a built-in VPN and ad-blocker, and a wide variety of extensions.
Moreover, Opera is highly optimized to consume fewer resources than other browsers, which allows you to keep multiple tabs open and install lots of extensions without affecting your computer’s performance.
OperaSurf the web faster and safer with the built-in VPN and ad-block features from Opera browser.
2. Clear Chrome’s browser data
- Press the Customize Google Chrome button at the top right of the browser‘s window.
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data to open the window shown directly below.
- Select the Cookies and other site data and Cached images options.
- Then press the Clear Data button.
Note: Clearing the browser’s data is one of the best ways to fix website pages that aren’t loading, and the resolution might also fix GP e-books. You can clear Chrome’s browser data following the steps above.
3. Add cookie exceptions for Google Play Books
- Press the Customize Google Chrome button and select Settings.
- Click Advanced at the bottom of the Settings tab to expand the options.
- Press the Content Settings button to open the content categories shown below.
- Click Cookies to open cookie settings.
- Press the ADD button for Allow, enter books.googleusercontent.com in the text box, and click ADD.
- Press the Allow ADD button again to enter books.google.com in the Add a site text box. Then press the ADD button.
- Click See all cookies and site data to open a list of cookies.
- Enter books in the Search cookies text box.
- Press the Remove All Shown button.
- Then press the Clear All button to confirm.
Note: Some Chrome users have fixed the Google Play e-books error by adding cookie exceptions for Google books.
4. Reset the browser
- Click Customize Google Chrome to open the browser‘s main menu.
- Select Settings to open the Settings tab.
- Scroll down and click Advanced to expand the Settings tab.
- Then scroll to the Restore settings to their original defaults option shown below.
- Press the Restore settings to their original defaults button to open a Reset settings window as below.
- Press the Reset Settings button to restore the browser.
Note: Some Chrome users have confirmed that resetting the browser can fix the GP e-book error. Resetting the browser will disable its extensions, clear browser data, and restore Chrome to its default settings.
5. Turn off Ad-Blocker extensions
- Press the Customize Google Chrome button.
- Select More tools > Extensions to open the tab shown directly below.
- Then you can toggle ad-blocker extensions off by clicking their disable buttons.
- Alternatively, you can click Remove to remove an ad-blocker extension.
Note: The Google Play e-book error can also be due to ad-blockers that block site analytics. So, switching ad-blockers off can also fix the issue. Resetting Chrome will disable ad-blockers, but you can switch extensions off via the Extensions tab following the above steps.
Those resolutions will probably fix Chrome so that you can load Google Play e-books in the browser again. If you have further fixes for the GP e-book error, feel free to share them below.