- Several things can cause the Opera browser not playing audio issue.
- The Opera browser not playing audio problems can occur due to hardware malfunction, software issues, or a browser issue.
- Allowing sound access in Opera can fix the issue.
Opera browser is one of the best browsers to use for streaming & downloading audio and video content. However, when you go to a site and want to play an audio document, it can encounter some issues.
Many users complain about this issue frequently. Also, it is always annoying to want to listen to audio content on a website, and you can hear anything. Hence, resolving this issue is crucial as it’ll allow you to navigate your browser and be able to access sounds in media files.
- Hardware connection issue: The first thing that comes to mind when you encounter a browser not playing audio is a problem with the external audio device. However, it can be a connection issue whereby the external speaker is connected to the wrong port. Likewise, if it’s a wireless device, there can be an issue with the connection. Although the external device doesn’t control Opera, Opera plays audio files through the connected audio device. So, it can affect Opera not playing audio.
- Outdated Opera browser: An outdated browser can cause several issues. When you use a browser that is not up-to-date, you tend to miss out on the new features that are in the latest patches. So, your browser can malfunction when it is old and not up to date.
- Corrupt Browser caches and cookies: This data helps users navigate the web faster and more smoothly. However, they can cause difficulties with some components of your browser like the Opera not accessing audio features. So, when your browser caches and cookies become old or corrupt, they can block Opera from being able to play audio/sound.
- Sound access is blocked in the Opera browser: In the Opera browser settings, there’s a switch button that allows users to enable or block sites from playing audio. However, you can encounter the Opera browser not playing audio if the aforementioned switch is off.
Why can’t I hear sound on some websites on Opera?
Opera makes it easy for users to allow or block audio play on websites. So it’s possible you have disabled audio before in your settings. Make sure to check before moving any further.
It’s also important to make sure you use the latest version of the app. Luckily, this browser gets very frequent updates, in order to provide the best possible user experience.
Install the latest version for optimal performance and access to modern features like social media integrations and VPN.
1. Increase your device’s volume
The first approach to fixing the issue is by increasing the volume of your device and seeing if it is high enough. You can press the Fn + F8 keys together to increase the volume.
2. Allow Sound Access in Opera Settings
- Launch the Opera browser and click the Settings icon.
- Select the Advanced Settings option.
- Select Privacy and security, then click on Site Settings.
- Go to Additional content settings and select Sound.
- Toggle on the Allow sites to play sound option.
Reload the website and see if Opera can play audio.
3. Clear browser cache and cookies
- Launch the Opera browser.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Del to prompt the Clear browsing data window.
- Ensure you select Cache images and files, then select Clear data.
Clearing browser data will flush out the corrupt data in your browser. Restart your browser and see if the issue is fixed.
4. Update the Opera browser
- Launch the Opera browser.
- Click the Menu button.
- Click Update, then select Recovery from the drop-down.
Opera will search for updates and automatically install them if available.
5. Check for hardware connection issues
To find where the problem is with your hardware devices like the speaker or earpiece, unplug every wired connection from your computer. Hence, make sure to plug your gadgets into the appropriate ports and see if the issue persists.
- Right-click on the sound icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Select Open sound settings.
- Select the Other Sound Options, then click App Volume and Device Preferences.
- Click on Opera and press Default to change the Output source.
In conclusion, if you’re still not able to fix the issue, we advise that you try another browser for improved audio quality and see if the issue persists.
Nevertheless, we recommend that users check our article on what to do if the browser does not support output device selection.
Do not hesitate to let us know if this guide helped you solve your issue by using the comments section found below.