A number of users have issues on Windows 10 because browser software did not support output device selection. This means that all your open software will use the same default output device to play sounds.
Having the option to choose which output device will be used for a specific software would be an incredibly useful feature. This option is extremely handy especially for allowing multiple people to use the same computer at the same time.
For these reasons, in this article, we will discuss the best way to solve the ‘Browser does not support output device selection’ error on Windows 10. Read on to find out more.
What to do if your browser does not support output device selection?
1. Make sure to update your version of Windows 10
- Click on Cortana search box -> type in ‘Update’ and select ‘Windows Update Settings’.
- Inside the Update window, select ‘Check for updates’.
- Wait until Windows 10 searches and installs any updates.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart your PC.
2. Try a different browser
If you’re having this problem on your current browser, consider switching to a different browser, such as UR Browser. This browser is based on Chromium engine, and it supports all features and extensions that Chrome does, but it doesn’t suffer from the same issues.
In addition, UR Browser is heavily focused on user privacy and security, and thanks to the anti-tracking protection, built-in adblock, and VPN, your browsing sessions will be secure and private right out of the box.
If you’re in need of a new browser, be sure to give a UR Browser a try.
3. Change Windows output settings for individual apps
- Right-click on the ‘Sound’ icon found near your Windows clock -> select Open Sound Settings.
- Inside the Sound settings window, scroll down to the section named ‘Other Sound Options’ -> select ‘App Volume and Device Preferences’.
- At the top of the page, you can choose the default Master volume, Output, and also Input settings.
- Below you can find a list of all the applications installed on your PC.
- Scroll down and select volume, output, and input devices for the browsing application that you use.
In this article, we explored a quick and easy method to avoid encountering issues when trying to change the output device for specific browser software, or any other Windows 10 applications.
First, you need to make sure that your version of Windows 10 is updated, and then you can simply use the newly added options to change the output settings.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you solve your issue by using the comment section found below.
- Windows 10 April Update installs on Intel SSD computers
- Can’t hear anyone on Discord [STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE]
- How to Fix HDMI Output Problems in Windows 10