- The background music in the Opera GX browser is an unusual feature that offers uniqueness to the browser.
- To enjoy the feature, you need to enable it in the browser settings and you then you can choose from the listed sound effects.
- But if the background music in Opera GX is not working, it could be either it's not enabled, or may be due to a problem related to an extension, ad-blocker, or an audio issue.
It can be fairly disappointing for the Opera GX fans when the background music is not working.
The Opera GX background musing is an optional feature and it’s switched off by default.
But you can enable it when you want to create an ambiance and disable it when you don’t want it.
If you have still not downloaded Opera GX, here’s how you can easily download Opera GX from the Microsoft Store.
However, the background sound may not work due to different reasons, and that’s what we will discuss below.
Why is my background music not working in Opera GX?
Just like any other browser, you may come across some of the Opera GX problems and one of them is background music not working.
This is a common issue with new users and it could occur due to different reasons like:
- Background music is not enabled
- The volume for background music is muted
- Outdated audio drivers
- Incorrect audio output device selected
- Problem with the profile directory
- Windows needs an update
- An extension/ad-blocker/limiters interfering with the feature
- A glitch with the web page
Can you add custom background music in Opera GX?
No. For now, you cannot add custom background music in Opera GX, and choose only from the current options.
However, Opera GX also comes with a built-in music player in the sidebar that plays music from music.youtube.com, Spotify, and Apple Music.
The music continues to play in the background even after you have closed the panel.
But, if you want to fix the background music in Opera GX not working issue, we have some solutions for you.
Opera GXPlay music from the sidebar and get simple audio setting!
How do I turn on background music in Opera GX?
1. Enable background music in Opera settings
- Open the Opera GX browser and click on Settings on the sidebar.
- In the Opera settings window, type background music in the search bar.
- Next, click on Background music below.
- Now, go to Background music and turn it on.
Once enabled, you can check if the background music on Opera GX is working now.
2. Unmute or turn up the volume for background music
- Launch Opera GX and click on the gear icon on the sidebar to open the Settings window.
- Next, click on GX on the left.
- On the right, click on Background music.
- Now, check for the volume slider and move it to the right to turn up the volume.
- Alternatively, you can also check if the speaker icon on its left is muted. Click on it to unmute it.
Once done, the background music not working issue on Opera GX should be resolved now.
3. Select the correct audio output device
- Press the Win + R keys together on your PC to open the Run console.
- In the search field, type mmsys.cpl and hit Enter.
- In the Sound dialogue, under the Playback tab right-click on the correct output device and select Set as default.
- Press Apply and then OK to save the changes and exit.
Now, you can test the background music on Opera GX and it should be working.
How to change Opera GX background music
- Launch Opera GX and click on the gear icon (Settings) on the sidebar.
- Next, in the Opera Settings window, click on GX on the left.
- Now, go to the right, scroll down and click on Background music.
- If the Background music is enabled, go to Track and select from the options.
That’s it. You have successfully changed the Opera GX background music.
How do I enable Spotify on Opera GX?
Enabling Spotify on Opera GX is pretty easy. Simply follow the below steps to turn on your favorite music player:
- Open Opera and click on the Play button on the sidebar.
- This will open the Player on the right. Here, click on Spotify.
- The Player will now open the Spotify page.
You can either choose to log in or start listening to your favorite music right away.
Alternatively, you can also remove any extensions that may be causing a conflict or disable the ad-blocker/limiters and check if it helps fix the Opera GX background music feature.
You can also check for any pending Windows update and install the same to ensure that the Opera GX background sound issue is resolved.
However, if you are using the regular Opera browser and it’s not playing audio/sound, you can refer to our detailed post for some quick solutions.
If you have any other queries regarding the Opera GX browser, you can leave a message in the comments box below.