If you use Outlook as your email client, you may see an error while trying to open a hyperlink within the Outlook client.
As soon as the user clicks on the links, Outlook shows one of the following error.
- Your organization’s policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For more info, please contact your help desk.
- This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.
The error can occur due to multiple reasons and Microsoft suggests multiple solutions to fix the issue. If you are facing similar error, here are a couple of solutions to fix this error while accessing the Outlook client.
Why are hyperlinks not working in Outlook?
1. Set Your Browser as Default
- Click on Start and select Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Select the Default Apps tab.
- Scroll down to the Web Browser section. Click on your current Web Browser (Edge, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
- If your preferred browser is already set as default, select a different browser installed on your PC.
- Click again on the Browser and select your preferred browser to set it as default.
- Close Settings and check for any improvements.
2. Reset Internet Explorer
- Press the Windows key and type Internet Options.
- Click on Internet Options and it will open a new window.
- Go to the Advanced tab and look for “Reset Internet Explorer settings” section.
- Click on the Reset button.
- Close Internet Options window and open the hyperlink to check for any improvements.
3. Check Registry Key Value using Registry Editor
- Open Registry Editor.
- Click on HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and locate the .html key.
- Select the .html key.
- For the “Default” value in the Data column (on the right side), make sure it says “htmlfile”.|
- If it is blank, double-click on the Default value and enter “htmlfile.”
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Close the registry editor and check for any improvements.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE: