Have you (or your meeting organizer) forgotten to include somebody in a meeting? If so, you can forward a meeting invite in Outlook to somebody even when you’re not the original meeting organizer.
Or the meeting organizer can also add a new person to the list of attendees and send a meeting update in Outlook. This is how you can forward meeting invites in Outlook.
How do I forward a meeting invite in Outlook?
1. Forward a meeting invite and inform the organizer
- If you haven’t organized a meeting, you can still forward an invitation for it; and the original organizer will also receive a notification that you forwarded an invite. First, open the Calendar in Outlook.
- Double-click the meeting you need to forward an invite for.
- If it’s a recurring meeting, you’ll need to select either Just this one (for a single meeting invite) or The entire series (for a whole meeting series invite).
- Click the Forward button with the envelope icon, and then select Forward on its menu.
- Next, input the email address of the new attendee to forward the invite to in the To box.
- Press the Send button.
2. Forward a meeting invite without informing the organizer
- You can also forward meeting invites without notifying the original organizer. To do that, open the Calendar view in Outlook.
- Select the meeting you need to forward.
- Drag and drop the selected meeting onto the mail icon at the bottom of Outlook’s Navigation Pane. That copies the selected meeting into a new email.
- In the email window, add a recipient to the To field.
- Then you can enter a few extra details in the message, and click the Send button.
3. Forwarding meeting invites as an organizer
- If you’re the original meeting organizer, you don’t need to select the Forward option. Instead, double-click the meeting on the calendar.
- Then add an additional attendee email address to the To field.
- Press the Send Updates button.
- Thereafter, select the Send updates only to the added or deleted attendees option.
- Alternatively, you can select the Send updates to all attendees option to update all those invited.
- Click the OK button.
So, there are three ways that you can forward a meeting invite to a new attendee. Select whichever method you prefer.
If you have any other questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to reach for the comments section below.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to convert Outlook mail to Thunderbird or Yahoo
- How to convert a Microsoft Outlook PST file to OST easily
- How to create real-time polls in Outlook and Outlook.com