5 best tune-up utilities for Windows 10
Tune-up utilities dig deep into your computer to find and fix areas with issues. They perform all kinds of functions including defragmentation, repairing the Windows Registry, and also freeing up space by deleting duplicate or useless files.
Some tune-up tools perform just these essential functions, while others come with a more elaborate set of features that will improve your PC’s performance significantly and in exciting ways.
Check out some of the best tune-up utilities that are compatible with Windows 10 and analyze their features to be able to pick the best choice for your computer’s needs.
Best tune-up tools for Windows 10 to get right now
- Glary Utilities Pro
- AVG TuneUp
- Anvisoft Cloud System Booster
- Iolo System Mechanic
- PCKeeper Live
Glary Utilities Pro
Glary Utilities Pro boasts an entire suite of PC-enhancing tools and it offers your heavily used computer another shot at a new life.
The utility leverages a collection of more than 20 tools to kick all kinds of problems that have been bugging your system.
Take a look at the most impressive features that you will get with this utility:
- It is easy to use, and it will improve your system’s performance.
- It is a lightweight app for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP as well.
- The utility downloads and installs effortlessly and quickly.
- The program provides registry repair, disk cleanup, and also junk-file removal tools.
- It comes with automatic software updates and the ability to schedule tune-up times.
- Glary Utilities Pro comes with a backup and restores functionality that will turn out to be extremely useful for the moments that you need to go back to a previous state of your PC.
- The utility comes with an incredibly helpful driver updater that searches for new drivers when the ones from your system become outdated.
The tool is very easy to use and has a lot of features. Check out the free version in the link below.
AVG TuneUp makes sure to improve your computer’s performance by digging deep into the system to perform all kinds of processes including removing junk files, uninstalling unneeded programs and also defragging your hard drive.
You can also install this tune-up tool on as many devices as you please.
Check out the best features that are included in AVG TuneUp:
- The tool is able to update outdated software.
- AVG TuneUp also speeds up your PC’s performance.
- The utility frees up disk space and also fixes Windows crashes.
- It will provide your system with extended battery life.
- AVG TuneUp will make older PCs live longer, and it will help new PCs run much faster.
- It provides constant updates for popular programs such as Google Chrome or Skype.
- It removes unwanted files that have been accumulating over the years in your system.
The new Fix Problems center is a 24/7 mechanic for your computer, and it fixes and prevents issues with Windows, programs, hard disks, or accidentally deleted files.
AVG TuneUp reinvigorates your PC running Windows, and you can currently get it for $39.99.
There’s also a free version and you can download it from the link below.
Cloud System Booster
Cloud System Booster is a useful tune-up tool that will improve your PC’s performance.
This utility is compatible with systems running versions of Windows dating way back to XP Service Pack 2.
It comes with more pricing tiers, and you can check them out on the official website of Cloud System Booster.
Check out the most important features that are included in this utility below:
- It comes with impressive backward compatibility, but it’s not really recommended that you keep your PC running Windows XP nowadays.
- The utility is straightforward to use even for beginners.
- After you start the software, you will be prompted to run a system that fixes Registry and defragmentation issues and more.
- This utility comes with a panel-driven interface that makes it very easy to access the application’s performance-enhancing functionalities.
- Registry Cleaner removes outdated registry data.
- Disk Cleaner is a program that removes temporary and junk files.
- An optimizer is a tool that tweaks network settings and startup.
- Another useful app included in this utility is PC repair that repairs file extension.
You can run all the utility’s functionalities and tools individually, and you also have the option of clicking Quick Care for easy cleanup.
You can even customize the tool’s look by changing the font type, color, and size and you can add a background photo.
Download Cloud System Booster from the link below and watch it enhance your system’s overall performance.
Best tune-up software for Windows 10 (paid version)
And now let’s see what are the best premium paid PC tune-up software versions available on the market.
These tools bring additional features and options compared to the free software listed above.
Iolo System Mechanic Pro
If your PC is not booting or if it’s loading apps at a slower pace, we recommend you download Iolo System Mechanic.
Take a look at the most important features that come with this tool:
- It is compatible with all systems running Windows XP and later, of course, including Windows 10.
- Iolo System Mechanic allows you to install the program on any number of systems.
- Its interface is easy to use even for beginners.
- There are Windows 10-specific tools included in this utility.
- The Privacy Shield suite allows you to disable Wi-Fi Sense, SmartScreen Service, Microsoft Data Collection, Telemetry Services, and will prevent the involuntary collection and sharing of your data.
- Another useful tool is Commonly Redundant or Unnecessary Decelerators and Destabilizers that is able to remove the useless file from your system.
- LiveBoost unlocks more CPU and RAM to enhance your system’s performance.
- ActiveCare offers real-time system analysis and repair.
Iolo System Mechanic is one of the 7 software products included in the comprehensive security, privacy and optimization package Phoenix 360.
If you are interested, you should definitely take advantage of its current discount from $79.95 to $39.95.
Get Iolo System Mechanic Pro (Use 60% discount code: backtoschool)
PCKeeper Live helps you give a kick to your lethargic system, and it allows you to offer your PC a brand new life by repairing the damaged registry, defragging the hard drive and deleting unnecessary junk files and more.
The tool also provides Microsoft-certified computer specialists who will advise you on how to enhance your computer’s performance.
This tool’s approach to PC optimization makes it pretty unique.
Take a look at its best features:
- PCKeeper Live is compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7 and Vista.
- It comes with various price structures that vary from $59.64 every six months to $119 every two years.
- The tool has a very basic and easy to use interface.
- It includes Anti-Theft software that will log a stolen PC’s location.
- Disk Cleaner is a tool that deletes junk files.
- Disk Shredder is a tool that permanently deletes sensitive files.
- Another tool included by PCKeeper Live is the Uninstaller, and it removes all kinds of programs from your computer.
- PCKeeper Live also comes with a malware removal tool for enhancing your computer’s security.
You can check out the various pricing pans of this utility and also the protection philosophy of PCKeeper on the official website of the tool.
Update: PCKeeper products are no longer available from the official website. If you want to get the app, you’ll have to download it from other sources at your own risk. At the same time, if you want a similar tool that’s free and can improve your PC’s performance, we recommend you to check out this list with the best PC optimizers.
These are some of the best tune-up utilities for your machine running Windows 10 and other versions of the operating system.
They all come with their own robust set of features that will definitely be able to increase your system’s overall performance.
Check them all out and decide which one seems the best for your PC.
If you have any other suggestions or questions, don’t hesitate to reach for the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Get your free PC tune-up and make it faster at a Microsoft Store
- 7 of the best PC video-editing software for 2018
- 5 best media center software for Windows PC users
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2017 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.