How can I fix PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA errors?
BSoD errors also known as Blue Screen of Death errors usually occur when there’s an major error with your computer. The PC shuts down giving you BSoD in order to prevent potential damage to your hardware. There are all sorts of BSoD errors and today we’re going to show you how to fix PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA BSoD error in Windows 10.
Solutions to fix PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA errors
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA is quite a unique error since it can be related to both hardware and software, so if you have recently changed any hardware, you might want to remove it and to see if the problem persists. If that doesn’t help maybe you should try some of the following solutions:
Solution 1 – Test your RAM
This error is commonly associated with your RAM, so it won’t hurt to test it.
- Download Memtest86+.
- After you’ve downloaded it, you can burn it to a CD or put it on a USB flash drive.
- You need to make sure that your CD-ROM or USB is set as first boot device in BIOS.
- Make sure that your CD or USB is inserted and restart your computer.
- Memtest86+ should open and you can start testing your RAM memory. This process can take a while, from 10 to 30 minutes, sometimes even more, so please wait patiently.
- If no errors are found this means that your RAM is functional and something else is causing the problem.
If you’re still having issues with your RAM or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as hardware failure, but also file loss and malware.
As we mentioned before PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA can be a tricky error and it can commonly be associated with certain software or even display or audio driver.
Solution 2 – Remove or update problematic software
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (cpuz138_x64.sys) error for example is caused by a software called Speccy and it’s advised that you update the software that is causing your computer to crash. If updating the software doesn’t help you might have to uninstall it until the developers fix this issue.
One common software related error is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (applecharger.sys). This error is caused by an application called ON/OFF developed by Gigabyte. Just uninstall this app in order to resolve this problem.
Solution 3 – Uninstall, rollback or update your audio or display driver
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA(usbaudio.sys) usually means that your audio driver is causing these problems, so you might want to rollback your audio driver or even uninstall it.
To do so do the following:
- Open Device Manager and find your audio or display driver.
- Right click it and choose Uninstall if you want to use the default driver, or Rollback Driver if you want to use the previous version of drivers.
- If you choose to uninstall drivers select Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.
- Now you should be using default or previous version of drivers depending on your choice.
If the problem still persists, you might want to visit your graphic card manufacturer or sound card manufacturer and download latest Windows 10 drivers.
Solution 3 – Update your OS
If you’re not running the latest Windows 10 OS version, you may want to check for updates. The latest OS versions are fully optimized for making the OS more stable and reliable. You may also want to disconnect all peripheral devices when booting up your computer since this error is usually triggered by incompatible or faulty hardware.
PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA errors can be tricky since they can be caused by software, hardware or a bad driver, so if you try to fix them make sure that you keep a close eye on the brackets next to an error because it usually points out to a file that is causing these issues.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
RELATED POSTS TO CHECK OUT:
- Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware [FIXED]
- Fix: Windows setup could not configure to run on this computer’s hardware
- High CPU usage and low GPU usage bothering you? Try these 10 fixes
Microsoft is gearing up for the next big Windows 10 build update in spring 2019. The software giant has just announced Windows 10 Insider Preview […]
Netflix is one of the foremost movie-streaming services that users can utilize within browsers or with its app. However, Netflix also throws out Something went […]
Microsoft rolled out a new series of cumulative updates for three Windows 10 versions: v1709, v1703 and v1607. The updates don’t come with any security fixes this […]