- Pale Moon is a cross-platform and open-source browser developed using Firefox and Mozilla engines.
- Just like other software applications, you are likely to encounter issues with Pale Moon such as the browser not playing videos.
- Fortunately, most issues with Pale Moon do not need expert support for them to be solved - you can fix them on your own.
Pale Moon is a cross-platform and open-source browser that is based on the Firefox and Mozilla engines. However, it is completely different from Firefox.
It is lightweight and provides users with a good browsing experience. It is also easy to install and use. Eceb so, some users have reported issues with Pale moon not playing videos.
Just like any other software application, you might encounter problems with this browser. Apart from the issue with Pale moon not playing videos, you might also experience crashes, the browser not starting, or even the browser not being responsive.
Fortunately, the issue with the browser not playing videos is easy to fix and you will not need any help getting rid of the problem.
Why are my videos not working in a browser?
Different browsers come with different features and capabilities aimed at improving the experience of their users. However, you can experience issues with your videos not working, no matter the browser that you are using.
Some of the most common reasons for this on different browsers include conflicts with extensions, plugins, or data stored in your browser cache or even browser data. Data accumulated in the form of cookies and cache can prevent videos from playing in different browsers.
You, therefore, need to remove any corrupted cookies, passwords, history, and all the browsing data that might be unnecessary. This frees up space for your videos to play.
Is Pale Moon still supported?
The Pale Moon browser is still supported. The browser’s developers recently released the latest version of the browser, Pale Moon 30.0 for all the operating systems that they support. This release comes with important updates to improve the performance of the browser.
However, in early 2021, support for macOS was discontinued. This was because there was no consistency among community developers on the Mac platform.
How do I fix Pale Moon if videos are not working?
1. Turn off Pale Moon extensions
- Launch Pale Moon browser and then press Ctrl + Shift + A key combination.
- On the left-hand side, select extensions.
- Click on each of the extensions at a time selecting and then click on the Disable button alongside each one of them.
- Restart Pale Moon.
2. Use a different Pale Moon profile
- Launch Pale Moon and navigate to the browser’s homepage.
- Click on your profile picture or its holder in the top right corner.
- Select Sign out.
- Click on the Start for free button on the top right corner and create a new account following the on-screen instructions.
3. Uninstall and Reinstall Pale Moon
- Right-click the Windows Start button and then select Apps and Features.
- On the search box, start typing Pale Moon.
- Click on Pale Moon and then select Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Pale Moon.
- Download the Pale Moon browser, run the installation file to complete the installation, and then launch the browser.
How good is the Pale Moon browser?
As discussed above, the Pale Moon browser is based on the Mozilla engine. Apart from being lightweight, it comes with a host of features that make it a good browser. One of the things that make this browser stand out is its active support from developers as well as its community.
This means that whenever there are problems with a particular release, the issues are worked on before the release of the next version. This is the browser of choice for you if you do want to give a lot of work to your processor.
As you can see, it is easy to fix issues with Pale Moon not playing videos. You do not even need all the solutions shared above because one of them with solve the issue for you. In addition, you can do all this on your own without seeking external support.