Microsoft recently rolled out a long list of Patch Tuesday updates to Microsoft Office 2016, 2013, 2010, and Office 2007. As a quick reminder, Office 2007 took its last breath this October as Microsoft ended support for this tool.
These updates improve system resource usage in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, improve translations, fixes PowerPoint freezes and crashes and add many security improvements for the many Microsoft Office vulnerabilities. The most severe of these issues could even allow remote code execution when users open a specially created Office file.
Without further ado, here is the complete list of the latest Microsoft Office updates.
Microsoft Office Patch Tuesday updates
Microsoft Office 2016
- Microsoft Access KB4011142: This update improves the translation of Allow Full Menus option for the Danish version of Access 2016.
- Microsoft Excel KB4011166: This update brings a long list of fixes and improvements. For more information, check out Microsoft’s Support page.
- Microsoft Office security update KB4011185: This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution.
- Microsoft Office security update KB2920723: This update also patches remote code execution vulnerabilities.
- Microsoft Office KB4011167: This update fixes an issue in which the decimal tabs in Word 2016 don’t respect the regional format that you have set in Windows regional settings.
- Microsoft Office KB4011139: This update fixes PowerPivot crashes.
- Microsoft Office KB4011135: For more information, go to Microsoft’s Support page.
- Microsoft Office KB4011036: This update fixes the issues broken HTML links when you copy and paste a HTML URL that contains a number sign (#) to Skype for Business 2016.
- Microsoft Office KB4011144: For more information, go to Microsoft’s Support page.
- Microsoft Office KB4011158: This update fixes the issue where a Visio drawing that has patterned fills is printed incorrectly in the 32-bit version of Visio 2016.
- Microsoft Outlook KB4011162: For more information, go to Microsoft’s Support page.
- PowerPoint KB4011164: This update adds support for multiple items selection in the dialog box when you open links by selecting Edit Links to Files in a presentation in PowerPoint 2016.
- Skype for Business KB4011159: For more information, go to Microsoft’s Support page.
- Microsoft Word KB4011222: This security update resolves a vulnerability in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution through a specially crafted Office file.
Microsoft Office 2013
- Microsoft Access KB3172543: This update improves the translation of the Allow Full Menus option for the Danish version of Access 2013.
- Microsoft KB4011181: This update improves several translations for the Danish and German versions of Excel 2013.
- Microsoft Office KB3172524: This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution.
- Microsoft Office KB3172531: This security update fixes remote code execution vulnerabilities.
- Microsoft Office KB4011148: This update fixes PDF pixelation issues.
- Microsoft Office KB4011169: This update fixes graphics rendering issues and memory allocation bugs.
- Outlook KB4011178: This update fixes remote code execution vulnerabilities.
- Skype for Business KB4011179: This update brings remote code execution bug fixes.
- Microsoft Word KB4011232: Just like the update listed above, this patch also fixes remove code execution issues.
- Microsoft Word KB4011150: This update fixes Outlook 2013 crashes and PDF viewing issues where images appear black. For more information on how to repair Outlook 2013 on Windows 10, check out this guide.
All the updates listed below fix vulnerabilities that could result in remote execution of code.
- Microsoft Office KB2837599
- Microsoft Office KB2553338
- Microsoft Office KB3213627
- Outlook KB4011196
Microsoft Word KB3213630
The following updates patch a series of vulnerabilities that could result in remote execution of code.
- Office Compatibility Pack KB3213647
- Microsoft Word KB3213648
- Security update Word Viewer KB4011236
If you encountered any issues after installing the updates listed in this article, do tell us more about your experience in the comment section below.