- PC Tuning software is designed to optimize the overall performance of your computer.
- Postpone buying new hardware components by installing any of these programs to enjoy a better experience.
- The list below contains some of the most trusted optimizing tools you can try on your Windows PC.
- Continue reading below to learn more details about the best PC tuning software.
Working or playing games on a slow PC can be very frustrating over time. Sometimes there is no possibility for you to upgrade your PC with new hardware.
That’s why it is very important that you understand how you can clean up your PC and make it run smoother without modifying anything other than built-in settings.
In order to modify the way your computer runs, it is recommended that you use specialized software that was built by your PC’s manufacturer. There is a good range of things that can be tweaked on your PC in order to achieve greater speeds and a smoother overall experience. Here are some of them:
- Overclocking your CPU (run your computer’s processor at a higher speed than the limit set by the manufacturers)
- Change the speed of the fans of your PC’s cooler units
- Monitor the temperature and activity level of your hardware
- Malware/spyware blocking
- Removal of bloatware (programs that come pre-installed with your version of Windows PC that doesn’t serve any purpose)
- Cleaning out duplicated files, hidden junk files
- Fix corrupt registry files
Let’s explore some of the best software options found on the market in 2022 that allow you to adjust all the things we mentioned above, and much more. We will first start with overclocking software, and then we will explore some extremely useful PC tuning applications to make your computer run faster than ever.
Which is the best Windows 10/11 tuning software?
To get the best performance out of your computer, every piece of software needs to work perfectly. This includes the operating system as well as anything else installed.
Restoro can be used to tune up your PC by replacing any damaged Windows critical files. This ensures that Windows runs smoothly.
In case you ever had a virus creating chaos and managed to remove it, the damage that was left behind can slow down the device. Restoro helps by removing all of these side effects.
Using this complete repairing solution, you will fix broken system files and replace them from an online database with millions of new software files.
Plus, it can support your PC regarding advanced malware that can potentially compromise your system if you don’t eliminate it fast.
Finally, it will perform hardware scans to notify you in case some components require your attention and need replacement.
Restoro has these key features that we like:
- Very easy to use PC optimizer
- Repairs Windows for an error-free experience
- Registry optimization
- Frees up disk space
With plenty of features that fix PC errors and utilities that clean your computer, Restoro will improve the performance with a press of a button.
CCleaner is a PC optimizing software that will clean your system from clutter and enhance the performance of your computer.
With this highly trusted software, anyone can tune up their PC with efficient tools that erase useless software files, monitor and delete junk files or clear out browsing data.
In this way, you’re able to improve the speed and performance of your computer with 1-click optimization within the platform.
Plus, you can use an option to detect all the registry files with an automated scan that will analyze and filter additional system files stored on your computer.
In other words, improving the performance of your system can be done efficiently using the patented registry cleaner of this tool.
You also have other helpful functionalities like the tools section capable to update your PC applications, setting the startup programs, or analyzing your disk in order to free up storage.
Here are some key features found in CCleaner:
- Driver Updater option for 25+ millions of driver files
- Erase all the outdated software or temporary files
- Clean the browsing history or cookies
- Increase the boot time
- Block tracking files on your browser
- Monitors junk files in real-time
- Defraggler for more storage space and a healthier hard disk
With the reliable support of CCleaner, you will completely optimize your system, delete browsing cookies, or clean extra registry files.
System Mechanic Ultimate Defense by Iolo is a great software option that allows you to easily and quickly clean up your PC, keep it safe, remove any unwanted files, recover data, remove bloatware, etc.
This software’s user interface is easy to understand and offers quick access to all the tools you need to freshen up your PC.
System Mechanics Pro blocks all types of viruses and spyware with military-grade data-wiping technology. This allows you to not worry about the security of your files.
You can use this software to recover lost data, no matter if it was lost by any other means, or deleted by mistake. You can recover photos, videos, and also documents.
Beyond this, you can also remove bloatware, boost the speeds of your CPU, RAM, and hard drive, and can even repair problems with your PC by consulting the powerful 30k-strong problems database.
This software can also optimize your Windows internet settings in order to achieve better download and upload speeds.
Here are some other features found in System Mechanics Pro:
- ActiveCare – cleans, repairs, and removes any file clutters and also fixes problems while your PC is in idle mode
- LiveBoost – gives you the power to customize Windows settings for more stability and performance – processor, memory, hard-disk
- Ability to clean more than 50 types of junk files
- Easily deletes the internet and chat history, including system caches
- Can defrag, compact, optimize, and also back up the system registry
- Program Accelerator – re-aligns the fragments of unfinished programs and defrags them for fast access
- Stops bloatware from running at startup
- Speeds up the internet by optimizing the data packages
- Automatically searches and resolves different Windows security flaws
- Incinerator – allows you to destroy a file to the level that it can’t be recovered by any software
System Mechanic Ultimate Defense
Defragment your PC, free up your RAM, avoid needless CPU usage, and more, all with Iolo System Mechanic.
Glary Utilities is another great PC optimization tool that allows you to free up disk space, clean the registry, manage the way drivers work, and even keep you private and secure online.
This software contains more than 20 tools that can help you optimize your PC, giving you access to boost PC speeds, error solving, records and control crashes and freezes of your system, and also allows you to fix and keep your software information safe.
You can as well benefit from the registry repair solution that will quickly scan and detect invalid registry entries. Then, you repair the broken entries but not before making a backup for each registry file.
Glary duplicates is another functionality that helps you delete duplicate files in your Windows OS, thus eliminating clutter and extra storage space in your system.
Moreover, you have the disk cleaner tool that can remove junk files from your system right away and free up valuable memory on your computer.
You can as well boost the speed of your PC using the disk defragmenter that will optimize the system with automated disk scanning and defragmenting.
Here are some other features found in Glary Utilities:
- All in one utility to clean your Windows PC
- Registry repair smart engine
- Tracking eraser tool
- Recovering lost or deleted data
- Absolute uninstaller utility
- Quick start-up functionality
- Software update for your PC apps
- Duplicate files cleaner
Your PC doesn’t have to stay sluggish and unresponsive. Make it run like before with Glary Utilities!
MSI Afterburner is a great overclocking software that allows you to customize the speed level of your PC, and offers a wide range of customization tools, like voltage tweaking of the GPU.
In order to use MSI Afterburner, you need to own an MSI graphics card.
This software is powered by the well-known Rivatuner engine and supports both ATI and NVidia graphics cards, can overclock cores, set custom GPU load levels (ATI), adjust the speeds of your fans, and also offers you a detailed report about any connected device/hardware.
One of the best features of MSI Afterburner is the fact that it runs fast and smoothly, and also offers a great range of features under a good-looking and easy-to-understand user interface, with quick access to advanced settings, including the ability to control voltage.
By using the user-friendly dashboard, you can easily customize the frequency of the core, shader, and also memory clock, and can also customize the fan speed. The fan speed can be set to either of the 3 options available – auto, fixed, programmed.
MSI Afterburner is fully compatible with both NVidia GeForce and ATI Radeon graphics cards, with the number of supported terminals increasing constantly. Every release of new supported cards can be downloaded by using the update system.
Here are some of the best features found in MSI Afterburner:
- Great overclocking tools – increases your GPU’s clock frequency and voltage for better performance
- OC scanner – a great automated function that automatically finds the highest stable overclock level for your specific video card
- Hardware monitor – allows you to check hardware info in real-time – temperature, usage, clock speed, and voltage
- Custom fan profiles – custom settings for the cooler fan
- On-screen display – floating on-screen widget that keeps you informed even while playing games
- Custom Skins
AMD OverDrive is another great overclocking software option, allowing you to get all the leftover power of your graphics card and CPU, without risking any issues. This software is designed to be fully compatible with all AMD-based systems.
Beyond the clocking controls found in AMD OverDrive, you also get a full range of BIOS-like CPU speed, voltage, and also system controls, all inside a good-looking and easy to comprehend dashboard.
By using this software you also get access to fan controls, a simple but efficient benchmarking tool, and a stability test for burn-in. You can also use this amazing tool to disable the Cool and Quiet downclocking technology, allowing you to push your GPU and CPU to the limit.
Here are some of the best features found in AMD OverDrive:
- Can create and customize pre-tuned memory profiles giving you the power to reach DDR3 performance
- Can manually check and modify performance settings from BIOS
- Can create customized profiles that are customized for selected applications
- Automatic overclocking features – automatically tunes the frequencies of your system without risking any damage
- Control the speed of your fans in order to increase performance even more
- Can monitor all performance settings – clock memory, voltage, memory timing, etc.
- Great tests that help you avoid any stability issues
Tuning your PC means making it faster and more responsive, and this can be achieved by applying generic boosting methods, or by fixing issues that may be causing errors or slow response time.
Whichever approach you prefer, you should know that they can all be easily done by a software tool like Tweaking Windows Repair, a lightweight Windows booster that is fast, and proven to be efficient.
While it may not be much to look at in terms of how the UI presents itself, you should know that it comes packed with a wide assortment of tools that include the following:
- CPU cleaner
- RAM optimizer
- Registry cleaner
- Windows Update errors fixer
- General speed enhancements
- Internet connection troubleshooter
In this article, we explored two ways in which you can help make your computer work faster, more efficiently, and manage every aspect of the way it does it.
It is recommended that you use both types of software (overclocking and pc tune-up tools) to achieve the best results possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
A program that cleans your computer should delete unnecessary files and restore free space. You can read all about the best tools to free hard disk space.
The updated list of the best PC tune-up software can be found in this article. Try our choices and see which fits best for your needs.
It’s only natural because, over time, the operating system collects a lot of junk from all the activity. If the drop in speed is sudden, it’s most likely related to a faulty Windows Update or a program that eats up all resources and slows everything else down.