- Windows users rejoice, knowing they can play PS4 games without owning a console.
- A stable Internet connection, a controller, and a PlayStation Now subscription are all you will need.
- You can also use PS Remote Play to play PS4 games on a PC.
- The PS Now application is free to download, and there's a 7-day trial available for this cool service.
PlayStation Now is a video game streaming service provided by Sony, the creator of the very popular and successful PlayStation console. This service is one of a few trying to explore video game streaming.
While people are already used to content streaming, mainly in the form of music or video, video game streaming is a recent concept that gained popularity in the last few years.
Sony is announcing that the list of games available through the service will be constantly updated. So you need to check it out at least once a month to see what’s new.
Now, let’s get right into it and discover how we can play PS4 games on PC without the actual PS4 console doing all the work.
Can you download PS4 games on a PC?
The answer is yes, provided you use the PS Now or PS4 Remote Play services. Otherwise, you will need a PS4 emulator, but this software doesn’t allow you to play what you want.
There are PC versions of some of the most popular PlayStation 4 games, such as Days Gone, Horizon Zero Dawn, and God of War.
For anything other than that, refer to what we said above and remember that these are the only ways for now.
Can I install PS4 games on a PC?
We will give you the short answer and avoid causing further suspense or agony. You cannot download PS4 games on any device other than PS4.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
That being said, you can, however, transfer already installed games to an external hard drive if that is what you want.
How can I play my PS4 games on my PC?
1. Play your PS4 games on PC with the PS Remote Play software
1. Navigate to the download page for PS Remote Play.
3. Double-click on the installation file that was downloaded to your PC to start the installation process.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the app.
5. When the installation is complete, click the Sign in to PSN button and use your credentials to log in.
6. Now you need to configure your PS4 console. To start off, turn it on and go to Settings > Remote Play Connection Settings.
7. Tick the checkbox next to Enable Remote Play.
8. Go back to Settings and navigate to Account Management.
9. Lastly, connect your DualShock 4 controller to your PC via an USB cable.
The best way to play your PS4 games on a PC is via PS Remote Play. It is an official software developed by Sony that allows you to do just that. Before you can use it, you need to ensure your console is up to date with the latest updates.
Moreover, in order to run PS Remote Play on your PC, this is what you need to have:
- Windows 10 or Windows 11
- 7th Generation Intel® Core™ processors or later
- At least 100 MB of disk space
- At least 2 GB of RAM
- Display resolution that is 1024 × 768 or higher
- A sound card
- An USB port & USB cable
- A high-speed internet connection
- A Playstation Network account
- A Dualshock 4 wireless controller
2. Use PS Now to play PS4 games on a PC
- Download and install PS Now app from the official source.
- Connect the DualShock controller to the PC – see this guide to connect the PS controller to Windows.
- Start streaming and playing on your Windows PC.
As for requirements, you will need a computer, a DualShock controller, a PS Now subscription, and, of course, a good Internet connection.
The PC hardware requirements are pretty low, with a minimum of Core i3 2.0 GHz and 2GB of RAM.
Gamers can play PlayStation 4 games directly on their PCs if they are using the PS Now service or PS4 Remote Play.
For those who haven’t gotten a chance to brush up on modern gaming habits, game streaming implies that the actual games are run and processed on the service provider’s machines.
The visual information is sent via the Internet to users, who control the game remotely. This allows people to play high-end games that won’t run on older PCs, so there’s no need to upgrade a computer to play a game fully.
New or old, hundreds of games were released for PS4, PS3, and even PS2 that you can play on your Windows PC.
PlayStation Now can access exclusive PlayStation games, such as the critically acclaimed Uncharted series, and stream and play them on your PC.
Also, one of the biggest attractions of the PS Now service is that you can start playing on one device and resume playing on the other if you are signed in to your PlayStation account on both devices.
There you go! Now you know everything that is about playing Ps4 games on a PC without a console, or simply playing PS4 games on a PC with a keyboard and mouse.
Should I play PS4 games on a PC emulator?
As we mentioned above, the software for emulating PlayStation 4 games on your PC exists, but don’t expect to have the same flawless experience, It can certainly be a great alternative if you are using issues like NP-31805-7.
That being said, there aren’t many of them, and they can’t emulate full games due to PS 4 being a more recent gaming system that takes a significant amount of resources.
Out of the available PS4 emulators for PC, the best ones to use would be PS4Emus, PCSX4, Orbital PS4 Emulator, or fpPS4 Emulator. There are others, but they are still pretty rudimentary or still in the early development stages.
Leave a comment below if this article helped you achieve your goals or if you encountered any problems while trying.