If you are a console gamer and you own PlayStation 4 for example, playing video games on Windows 10 with controller probably feels more natural to you.
If you’re looking for a new controller for your Windows 10 PC, look no further because we’re going to show you how to connect your PlayStation 4 controller to Windows 10.
As you know, connecting Xbox One controller to Windows 10 device is rather straightforward. However, connecting PS4 controller to Windows 10 is a bit more complicated.
Also, we have published an article on how to connect your PS3 controller to Windows 10, as well.
How can I easily connect PlayStation 4 controller to Windows 10?
Solution 1 – Use DS4Windows
In order to connect PS4 controller to Windows 10, you’ll have to rely on third-party solutions, but the processes itself isn’t as hard as you might think. In order to connect PS4 controller to Windows 10, you need to do the following:
- Download DS4Windows from here.
- After you’ve downloaded the .zip file, extract it and run DS4Windows.exe.
- When DS4Windows starts, click on Step 1: Install the DS4 Driver.
- After the driver installs click on Finish.
- Open Settings app, go to Devices > Bluetooth.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- On your PS4 controller press and hold PS and Share buttons until the light starts flashing.
- In Bluetooth settings Wireless Controller should appear. Click it and choose Pair.
- Open DS4Windows application once again. Your PS4 controller should be fully connected now.
- Minimize DS4Windows and start playing.
To turn off/disconnect the PS4 controller from Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Open DS4Windows and click Stop.
- Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth on and off.
- If you wish to reconnect your PS4 controller, just start DS4Windows and press the PS button on your controller.
We have to point out that you can connect your controller using the micro USB cable by following the same steps. If you decide to use the USB cable to connect the PS4 controller, there’s no need to use Bluetooth or to pair your PS4 controller with your PC.
Just install DS4Windows driver, start DS4Windows app and connect your controller using USB cable.
Solution 2 – Download and install InputMapper software
Another third-party solution that can help you use PS4 controller on Xbox One is InputMapper. To configure your controller using InputMapper follow these steps:
- Download InputMapper from here.
- Install InputMapper and connect your PS4 controller using USB cable or by using Bluetooth. To pair your Windows 10 PC with PS4 controller via Bluetooth, turn on Bluetooth on your PC and hold PS and Share buttons on the controller.
- Now Open InputMapper and your controller should be recognized and ready to use.
We have to point out that certain games might have few issues, so you’ll have to tweak few settings in InputMapper in order to fix those issues.
Connecting PlayStation 4 controller to Windows 10 PC isn’t that hard, and if you want to connect your PS4 controller to your PC be sure to try some of our solutions.