Dealing with multifunction printers shouldn’t be that big of a fuss, since printing, scanning, or faxing modes can easily be changed with both physical buttons and software UI.
However, some users have had a hard time with their printers, as they are, seemingly, stuck in fax mode. Namely, it seems that the printer wants to fax instead of print and it gets stuck in that mode.
Check the steps below to address this issue accordingly.
How do I turn off fax on my printer?
1. Try updating the drivers
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on Hardware & Sound.
- In the section of Devices & Printers, click on Device Manager.
- Select View => Select Show Hidden Devices.
- Click Printers => Right Click on your printer’s name => Select Update Driver Software.
- You will see two options to update your driver: searching automatically or browsing it from your local disk.
- Follow the subsequent steps to update your driver.
Additionally, if you need a simpler way to update any driver from your PC, there is dedicated software that performs this job for you.
By choosing this method, you will manage drivers easily and install or update them in minutes. Scanning your system quickly, the tool will find outdated or missing drivers and install them properly.
More so, you can trust the process because the drivers are stored in online libraries from all hardware manufacturer sources.
2. Uninstall the printer
- Firstly, open the Settings.
- Secondly, click on the Devices.
- Thirdly, click on Printers & scanners.
- Click on printer and click on the Remove device button.
- Click on Yes button to remove.
Now you have successfully removed the printer. It’s time to reinstall it again.
3. Reinstall the printer
- Connect the printer to your computer and turn it ON.
- Open the Settings.
- Click on the Devices.
- Click on Add a printer or scanner.
- Subsequently, your computer will detect your computer. You will have to follow the instructions to finish the installation.
- If the computer does not detect your printer, click on The printer that I want isn’t listed shown in the following image.
- Once you are taken to the troubleshooting zone, the computer will ask you to provide your printer’s name to search for it. Follow the instructions to finish the installation.