Printer making a grinding noise? Here’s what you need to do
If your printer is making a grinding noise when the printer is turned on or when it is printing, it can be caused by a carriage stall or a paper jam. However, there can be other reasons for this problem as reported by users.
Follow the steps in this article to fix printer making a grinding noise during printing.
Why is my printer making a grinding noise?
1. Perform Quick Reset
- Make sure the printer is turned on and disconnect the power cable from the printer while it is still on.
- Disconnect any cable that is connected to the printer.
- Once the printer is completely off, press and hold the printer‘s power button for 15 seconds.
- Release the button and connect the printer cable to directly to the wall power outlet.
- Connect the power cable to the printer and wait for it to turn on automatically.
- If the printer does not turn on automatically, press the Power button to do so manually.
- Wait for the printer to become silent and proceed with a print job.
2. Perform Firmware Update
- Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the computer.
- Now go to HP Customer Support – Software and Download link.
- From the “Let’s identify your product to get started” page click on Printer.
- Search for printer model and click on Submit.
- Make sure to select the right version of Windows as per your system configuration.
- Click on Firmware and then on the Download button.
- Run the installer to install the file. In the HP Printer Update window, select your printer model option and click on Update.
- Click OK to finish the installation.
- Restart the computer and check for improvements.
3. Run Printer Troubleshooter
- Click on Start and Settings.
- Click on Update and Security.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Click on the Printer option and select Run the Troubleshooter.
- Windows will now scan the system for any issues affecting the printer and recommend appropriate fixes.
4. Other Solution to Try
- If the noise started after you made any changes to the printer like installing a toner cartridge or cleaning it, turn off the printer and pull off the cartridge. Check it for any issues that can cause the issues. Also, check the toner for any issues that can cause the jam.
- Try to make a copy using a blank paper and check if the toner is able to feed the paper. If it fails, try to clean the paper pick roller and the paper path to try and fix the issue.
- If nothing seems working, check if the printer has any hardware issue. Contact HP support over the phone to get the best recommendations for the repair.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Fix: PDF files not printing properly in Windows 10
- The system cannot find the file specified error on Windows 10 [FIX]
- Fix: Can’t remove a printer in Windows 10
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features. However, nothing […]
Uplay is an amazing game distribution platform created by Ubisoft. It can be used to buy and download games as well as DLCs. It can […]