One of the common issues that the HP printer users face during the printer use is the occasional horizontal streaks on the paper left by the printer. If your printed image contains horizontal streaks or lines, it is mostly caused by the low or empty ink cartridges, the air in the printhead or insufficient automatic printer servicing.
In this article, we take a look at the best ways to troubleshoot my printer leave horizontal streaks issue with your printer.
How do I fix horizontal lines in my printer?
1. Check Ink Level
Check Ink Level from Control Panel
- Press the setup button (wrench icon) on the printer control panel.
- When the Setup Menu appears, press the down arrow button on the printer to select Tools.
- Press the OK button to select the option.
- In the Tools menu, press the down arrow button and select “Display Estimated Ink Levels“. Press OK to select the option.
- The printer will display the Ink level on the control panel.
- If the printer is low on ink, you need to replace them with the new one. If not, check other fixes below.
Check Ink Level from HP Support Solution
- Type HP Solution Center in the search bar.
- Open the app from the list of options.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Under “Print Settings”, click the Printer Toolbox.
- Click on the Estimated Ink Level tab.
- Now check if any of the cartridges are low on ink. If low, you may need to replace them. If not, proceed with other steps.
2. Check Print Quality
- Open the page you want to print and click on File and select Print.
- Select your printer if more than one is connected.
- Click on the Properties button. If you don’t see Properties, check for Options, Printer Setup, Printer or Preferences option.
- Now click the Features tab.
- In the Print Quality drop-down menu, select the highest available quality settings like Best or Maximum DPI.
- Click OK. Click OK again to close the properties window.
- Now try to print and check for any improvements.
Align the printer
- Load a clean white paper in the input tray.
- Press the Setup button (wrench icon) on the printer.
- From the Setup Menu, select Tools option using the down arrow Buton.
- Now select Align Printer option using the down arrow button.
- Press OK.
- After the Alignment is successful, press the Back button.
- Now try to print the document again and check for any improvements.
3. Clean the Printheads
- Make sure you have loaded a white clean paper in the input tray.
- Press Setup key (wrench icon) on the printer to open the Setup Menu.
- Press the down arrow key to select Tools and press OK.
- Again press the down arrow button to select Clean Printhead option.
- Wait for the cleaning process to complete. The printer will now print a test page. Check the page for any quality issues.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE: