- Occasionally, your printer is only printing half of the page or leaving a blank in the middle of the page.
- Why is my printer only printing half the page, you might wonder. Well, some Windows updates might be the cause.
- Uninstalling updates or downloading certain fixes can solve the printer only printing top-of-page problem.
- The printer only printing half a page has reportedly affect HP printers but not exclusivelly.
Whenever your printer has issues with the printing job that results in wrong color printing or incorrect page printing it mostly has to do with the ink cartridges.
The same ink cartridge can also cause the printer to only print half the page or to leave the middle of the page blank, as reported by the HP printer users in the Microsoft Community Answers.
I’m having a problem printing. Whenever I print a document, my computer will print either a blank page, a small portion, of a page, most of a page, or (sometimes) a full page. Then it will repeat the print job, indefinitely, until I cancel it, printing at random items 1, 2, 3, or 4 above. Also, when I view the print queue, the printer status flickers into offline mode, and the print job continuously resets, it appears.
Or, another variant of the printing issue is the following, mentioned in another thread:
Printing from the context menu of a jpg file in file explorer produces a broad empty white stripe down the center. Only from the context menu, so far as I can tell.
Follow the steps listed in this article to fix HP printer prints half pages issue.
What can I do if my printer is printing only half a page?
1. Uninstall recent updates
- Open Settings and click on Update & Security.
- Go to Windows Update and click the View update history button.
- Click the Uninstall updates option.
- Look for the problematic update, select it and click on Uninstall.
- Choose Yes when prompted then restart your computer.
Oftentimes, Windows updates create problems with various features or apps. It is also the case with the printing process.
Recently, Microsoft acknowledged that update KB5000802 causes some apps to stop printing altogether.
Within days, Microsoft also released update KB5001649 that was supposed to fix any kind of printing issues for all supported system versions.
It’s preferred to manually get the update from the Microsoft Catalog; look for the version corresponding to your system.
2. Check ink cartridges
The app will display the estimated cartridge levels.
If the Cartridge is low on ink, you probably need to replace the cartridges with new ones.
Check ink cartridge for expiry
- If the Ink level is okay, then check if the Ink cartridge has expired.
- If the Ink Cartridge has expired, the printer may not be able to use it to print the documents properly.
- Replacing the Ink cartridges with the new one should help.
3. Remove and Reinstall Printer Driver
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type Control and click OK.
- In the Control Panel, go to Hardware and Sound > Printers and Devices.
- Select the printer with a half-page printing problem and click on Printer server Properties option (at the top).
- In the Printer Server Properties window click the Drivers tab.
- Select your printer from the list of installed printers.
- Click the Remove button and select Remove Driver Only.
- Click OK to remove the Driver. Click Yes to confirm the action.
- Restart the computer.
- Now download the HP Printer setup software from the official website.
- Run the Setup software and select Connect a new printer option.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions to install the printer.
- Now print a test page and check if the printer is printing full pages.
Stay informed with more printing issues that we’ve written about:
- Printer cutting portions of pages.
- Printer won’t print .jpeg or .jpg files.
- PDF files not printing correctly.
- Antivirus blocking the printing process.
- Printer not printing all pages.
We hope you found this guide useful. Feel free to leave comments and suggestions in the dedicated section below.