Whenever your printer has issues with the printing job that results in wrong color printing or incorrect page printing it mostly has to do with the ink cartridges. The same ink cartridge can also cause printer only prints half the page issue with your printer as reported by the HP printer users in the Microsoft Community Answers.
I’m having a problem printing. Whenever I print a document, my computer will print either a blank page, a small portion, of a page, most of a page, or (sometimes) a full page. Then it will repeat the print job, indefinitely, until I cancel it, printing at random items 1, 2, 3, or 4 above. Also, when I view the print queue, the printer status flickers into “offline” mode, and the print job continuously resets, it appears.
Follow the steps listed in this article to fix HP printer prints half pages issue.
Fix my printer only prints part of the document
1. Check Ink Cartridges
- If your printer is only printing half pages it could be due to low ink level in the cartridges.
- Launch the HP Printer Assistant app on your computer.
- Click the Estimated Cartridge Levels tab.
- The app will display the estimated cartridge levels.
- If the Cartridge is low on Ink, you probably need to replace the cartridges with new ones.
Check Ink Cartridge for Expiry
- If the Ink level is okay, then check if the Ink cartridge has expired.
- If the Ink Cartridge has expired, the printer may not be able to use it to print the documents properly.
- Replacing the Ink cartridges with the new one should help.
2. Remove and Reinstall Printer Driver
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type Control and click OK.
- In the Control Panel, go to Hardware and Sound > Printers and Devices.
- Select the printer with half-page printing problem and click on “Printer server Properties” option (at the top).
- In the “Printer Server Properties” window click the Drivers tab.
- Select your printer from the list of installed printers.
- Click the Remove button and select “Remove Driver Only“.
- Click OK to remove the Driver. Click Yes to confirm the action.
- Restart the computer.
- Now download the HP Printer setup software from the official website.
- Run the Setup software and select Connect a new printer option.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions to install the printer.
- Now print a test page and check if the printer is printing full pages.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Here’s how to quickly fix 0x97 error on Epson printers
- Windows don’t have a network profile for this device Epson printers [FIX]
- How to Reset Waste Ink Pad Counter for Epson printers [QUICK GUIDE]