My printer says Replace drum [FULL FIX]
The drum unit of your Brother printer is an essential part of the printer and may need replacement from time to time. If you have not changed the drum unit of your printer for a long time now, you may get an error asking you to Replace drum. This error can appear due to multiple reasons including a bad drum unit that needs replacement or if you failed to reset the drum counter after replacing it.
Follow the steps given in this article to fix this problem with your printer.
What does it mean when my printer says replace drum?
1. Replace Drum Counter Unit
- If it is the Drum unit that needs replacement and you haven’t replaced it recently, then it might be a good time to do it now.
- To find the Drum nit, open the front flap of your laser printer and find the toner cartridges.
- The drum unit is attached to the toner.
- Now pull the green toner locking levelers to release the cartridge.
- Slowly pull out the cartridges out of the printer.
- Place the tonner on a flat surface. On the Toner cartridge, press the Green lever to lift the toner off the drum.
- Now replace the drum unit with a new one and put it back in the printer.
- Now turn on the Machine and proceed with the next set of steps to reset the Drum unit and remove the message.
2. Reset the Drum Counter
- Make sure that the printer is turned on and is idle.
- Open the Front Cover of the printer.
- Press and hold the OK button on your printer control panel for 3 seconds.
- Press the Up arrow key or 1 to reset the drum counter.
- Close the front cover.
- Now try to carry out the print job and check if the error is resolved.
If the error persists, make sure you have followed the above steps carefully. Having the Front Cover open while performing the reset operation is crucial. So, make sure the front cover is open before resetting the Drum counter.
Note: Resetting of the drum counter should only be done on the new drum after the replacement is done. Resetting a drum unit that is currently being used can create issues with its life predictability.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Printer won’t print all the pages [FIXED BY EXPERTS]
- Full Fix: Printer is not responding in Windows 10, 8.1, 7
- This MS Excel vulnerability embeds malicious payloads remotely
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features. However, nothing […]
Uplay is an amazing game distribution platform created by Ubisoft. It can be used to buy and download games as well as DLCs. It can […]