There was a problem accessing your keychain [EXPERT FIX]
Keychain is an Apple-developed password system for MacOS. Apparently, there is an issue with the keychain that users encounter when trying to access OneDrive. The error message There was a problem accessing your keychain. Please check that the login keychain exists and that OneDrive has access to it. If prompted, please allow OneDrive access to your keychain pops up leaving users unable to access the platform.
One user explained the problem on the support forum.
“out of the blue” (perhaps after an auto update of OneDrive) I get the message [Please check that the login keychain exists and that OneDrive has access to it]. Options are Quit OneDrive and Try again. When I try again, I go through a log in process (using MS Authenticator – and the login is Approved), but the message comes back almost immediately. I am running the latest OneDrive (verified with the Mac AppStore) version.
In order to stop this error from occurring, follow the guidelines presented below.
How to fix problem accessing your keychain on OneDrive
1. Delete OneDrive cached key
- Press command + space to open Spotlight Search > type keychain and press return.
- In the Keychain Access search box type OneDrive.
- From the search results, select OneDrive Standalone Cached Credential > press delete.
- Start OneDrive again. The system will create the deleted key automatically.
Most users have no idea that they can create Mac OS installation media on Windows 10. We’ve written extensively about the procedure.
2. Update OneDrive
- Remove the OneDrive from your Mac OS.
- Download the installation file of OneDrive for Mac, here.
- Install it, log in, and look for improvements.
We hope that our quick guide helped you fix the issue disallowing access to OneDrive. If you liked this article, leave a comment in the comment section below.
- We couldn’t find your OneDrive folder [EXPERT FIX]
- There was a problem connecting to OneDrive [Fix]
- How to unsync OneDrive in Windows 10
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
Some driver-related issues can be solved faster by using a dedicated tool. If you're still having problems with your drivers, just download DriverFix and get it up and running in a few clicks. After that, let it take over and fix all of your errors in no time!