Did you try to connect to your Wi-Fi or PPPoE network and couldn’t do it due to There might be a problem with the driver for the Local Area connection adapter error? As you may know, this error can be caused by faulty network adapter settings, or by your VPN software.
In this article we will explore the best methods that will fix this issue and allow you to connect to the Internet once again.
How to fix There might be a problem with the driver for the Local Area connection adapter error
1. Update network adapter driver
- Right-click on the Start button, and choose Device Manager.
- Expand the Network adapters tab and try to all drivers from that section.
After the update process is complete, check if the issue was resolved.
- If the issue still persists, then select your Network adapter, and select Uninstall.
- After the process is complete, restart your PC.
- After reboot, re-open the Device Manager by following the steps mentioned above and click on the Action menu.
- Select Scan for hardware changes and after the process completes, choose Install missing drivers automatically.
Note: If the problem still persists, visit the official site of the manufacturer and download the drivers manually.
Alternatively, you can use third-party tools such as TweakBit Driver Updater to automatically update all your drivers with just a couple of clicks.
Alternatively, you can update all your drivers automatically with just a couple of clicks using third-party tools such as TweakBit Driver Updater.
2. Reset your network connection
Another method that can solve the There might be a problem with the driver for the Local Area connection adapter error is to reset your network connection.
- Click on the Start button, then click on the Cog Wheel icon (Settings)
- Choose Network and Internet option from the new window.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the newly opened window, and choose Network reset.
- A few confirmation windows will appear.
- Choose Yes, and hit Reset Now.
3. Check WLAN AutoConfig dependency services
If you are getting There might be a problem with the driver for the Local Area connection adapter error, perhaps there’s an issue with one of your services.
- Press the Windows key + R, type in services.msc, and press Enter.
- Scroll through the list and right-click on WLAN AutoConfig > Properties.
- Select the Dependencies tab and check if you have the elements listed below.
- If all looks good, click on the General tab, and set the Startup type to Automatic.
- After this process is complete, you can restart your computer and check if the issue was solved.
In this article we explored some of the best methods to fix There might be a problem with the driver for the Local Area connection adapter erroron Windows 10.
We hope this guide helped you with your Ethernet problem. Please feel free to let us know in the comment section below.
- Fix: Antivirus is blocking Internet or Wi-Fi network
- Fix: Windows 10 can’t find Wi-Fi network
- FIX: Windows cannot connect to all network drivers