- Network problems can occur due to several reasons, including driver and browser issues.
- In this article, we explore the best software to fix network problems on Windows 10.
- Do check out our dedicated Software section for more useful security and privacy tools.
- Find more network troubleshooting steps exploring our Network and Internet section.
Like most of the issues with a computer, network problems can also creep in uninvited. The built-in network troubleshooter in Windows 10 offers basic functionalities.
This is where the best software to fix network problems comes in handy.
In this post, we share the top 5 software that you can use to diagnose and troubleshoot network problems in Windows 10.
What are the best network troubleshooting tools?
PRTG Network Monitor
PRTG is an extremely powerful solution that monitors various elements of your network to ensure their optimal functionality.
It efficiently scans all the systems, devices, traffic in the entire infrastructure, offering real-time monitoring results.
The detailed reports that you get show how each application on your system performs, so that you can take the appropriate actions.
Here are some of the perks of PRTG:
- Integration with all important technologies (SNMP, VMI, Ping, SQL, SSH and more);
- Easy-to-read dashboards;
- Customizable alerts;
- Multiple user interfaces;
- In-depth monitoring for cloud services, IoT devices, packet loss, web pages and more.
While this tool is extremely useful for businesses with larger network infrastructure, it can also be implemented for larger homes.
The unlimited version of PRTG can be tested by any user for a month, after which the tool switches to the free version, with limited features.
PRTG Network MonitorGet full and accurate monitoring for your entire network to find the sore spots and take immediate action.
DriverFix is a popular driver repair and update utility for Windows 10 systems. If you are experiencing network issues due to a network device driver glitch, outdated driver, or corruption, DriverFix can help you fix it with a few clicks.
The app will search for outdated drives and help you resolve issues. It features the modern dark mode user interface while keeping it all minimal.
Upon installation, DriverFix immediately begins by performing a complete system scan for missing and outdated drivers. You can either update the drivers one by one or all at once with a simple click. There’s a backup and restore feature in case something goes wrong.
- Enables automatic scanning and updating of missing and outdated drivers.
- Backup and restore feature to install older drivers.
- Over 18 million drivers database.
- Download the manager to manage driver updates.
DriverFixQuickly resolve any network issues caused by faulty drivers with this amazing driver updater.
Restoro is an all-in-one system protection and care solution that comes with malware removal tools, online safety, can improve performance, disk manager, and Windows file repair capabilities.
After the launch, Restoro begins with scanning your system for errors. The repair process removes and replaces damaged files found during the scan.
The built-in disk manager can help you manage hard drive space by cleaning duplicate and unnecessarily large files. Additionally, Restoro can check for corrupt or missing DLL files to fix DLL errors.
- Protects from malware by removing antivirus leftovers.
- Restore performance by closing resource hog background apps.
- Find and repair missing DLL files and system files.
- Built-in disk manager to clean redundant files.
RestoroEasily troubshoot your network issues by utilizing this powerful and easy-to-use software!
Bitdefender is a popular antivirus solution, and it also comes with some bonus features.
Malware and adware can tweak and change your browser setting as well as install trackers. Bitdefender can help you find and remove the malware from your system.
Bitdefender comes in both free and plus edition. While the free version offers the basic core security features such as antivirus, blocking unsafe websites, a password manager, and a basic scanner.
The antivirus solution is also among the few security software to have minimal impact on your system performance. Bitdefender offers free VPN for both free and premium users. However, VPN traffic is limited to 200 MB per day for free users.
- Excellent malware and adware detection.
- Unlimited secure VPN traffic.
- Advanced parental controls.
- Minimal impact on system performance.
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
Ensure your network will always run smoothly by protecting it from any online threat with Bitdefender!
At times, the network issue can also be triggered due to browser issues. If you are experiencing issues on your Chrome or other browsers, try Opera Browser.
Opera browser offers faster page loading thanks to its built-in ad blocker that blocks annoying pop-up and auto-playing video ads. It is also among the few web browser to have a built-in VPN for better privacy.
Opera has customized the browser with new widgets that gives access to messengers and frequently used apps. You can further customize the browser by using opera themes or go dark with Dark Mode.
Private Internet Access offers a robust VPN service with an excellent user interface and support for multiple devices simultaneously. While it may not have tons of additional yet less used features offered by other VPNs, it shines in its core ability to keep your network private.
VPNs are also essential to unblock censorship filters and gain access to the unrestricted internet. With over 12153 servers across 74 countries, Private Internet Access offers enough to access all the contents around the world.
- Affordable and secure VPN
- Encrypted Wi-Fi, P2P support, and ad blocker
- Ten device support for simultaneous connection
- Socks5 Proxy support
After making an educated guess of the possible cause of the problem, proceed with using the tools listed in this article to troubleshoot network issues on your computer.
From fixing registry entries to updating network drivers, these tools can do it all.