PUBG Lite is a low specification version of the PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds battle royale game. The PUBG Lite game has been freely available in open beta since 2019 within serviced regions.
You can click Download on the PUBG Lite website to install the PUBG Launcher for that game.
However, there is one catch for U.S. players, which is a pretty big one. With the exception of the U.S. Virgin Islands, the United States is not currently one of the PUBG Lite serviced regions.
When Americans try to play PUBG Lite, the launcher will display an error message that states, It is unavailable in your region. Nevertheless, you can still play PUBG Lite in the USA and other countries outside the serviced regions.
How can I fix the PUBG not available in your region error?
1. Check if you’re in a PUBG Lite service region
First, check if you’re in a PUBG Lite service region. You probably won’t be if the launcher displays an It is unavailable in your region error.
To check, open the release date page for PUBG Lite, which includes a list of serviced regions for the beta game.
2. Check your clock and region system settings
If you are in one of the serviced regions, and still can’t play PUBG Lite, then your laptop’s or desktop’s clock and region settings might not be right.
- First, press the Windows key + R hotkey to launch Run.
- Enter Control Panel in the Open box, and click the OK button.
- Click Clock and Region and Region to open the window shown directly below.
- Select your own region (country you’re in) on the Format menu if the right one isn’t selected there.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Click Date and Time on the Clock and Region Control Panel applet.
- Select the Show this clock option on the Additional Clocks tab.
- Select the time zone you’re in.
- Select the Show this clock option and your time zone for clock 2 also.
- Then click the Apply option.
- Click Change time zone on the Date and time tab.
- Then select the time zone you’re in on the window directly below.
- Click the OK button.
3. Connect to Thailand server with VPN software
Those who aren’t in a PUBG Lite serviced region can still play the game by connecting with a VPN.
- First, press the Windows key + S hotkey.
- Input time in the Type here to search box and click Change the date and time to open the window directly below.
- Turn off the Set time automatically option
- Toggle the Set time zone automatically option off.
- Select (UTC +07:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta on the Time zone drop-down menu, which is Thailand’s time zone.
- Now you’ll need to install VPN software.
- Click Download SoftEther VPN client, which is freeware VPN software, on the VPN Gate client download page.
- After installing and opening that software, select VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers to open a server list.
- Double-click on a Thailand server with an uptime less than six hours to connect with it.
- When connected with VPN server, open the PUBG Launcher to play the game.
So, that’s how you can fix the PUBG not available in your region error to play the game in both non-serviced and serviced PUBG Lite regions.
Then you can sample all the thrills and spills PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has to offer.
FAQ: Learn more about PUBG
- I just updated PUBG and now I can’t launch it. Why is that?
Improper updates have been known to cause issues with PUBG.
- How do I fix a PUBG packet loss?
The fastest way to fix a PUBG packet loss is to follow these steps written in this detailed article.
- Can I Play PUBG for free on PC?
The PC version of PUBG is pay-to-play, but you can use an emulator to play the PC version for free.
Editor's Note: This article was originally published in March 2020 and was revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.