PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is the smash hit battle royale blast ’em up that has taken multiplayer gaming by storm on Windows, Android, iOS, and consoles. Tencent even launched an official Tencent Gaming Buddy PUBG emulator for Windows. That emulator enables players to play the freely available PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile on Windows with keyboard and mouse.
However, Tencent Gaming Buddy is still in beta at the moment and doesn’t always work. Some users have stated that PUBG gets stuck at 98 percent when loading in TGB. Consequently, they can’t play PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile with the emulator.
These are a few resolutions that might fix Tencent Gaming Buddy stuck at 98 percent.
How to fix Gaming Buddy PUGB Emulator issues
- Turn Off Antivirus Software
- Select Integrated Graphics for TGB
- Clear the TEMP Folder
- Select an Alternative Rendering Option
- Play PUBG Mobile With an Another Android Emulator
1. Turn Off Antivirus Software
The Tencent Gaming Buddy PUGB emulator not working can be due to antivirus software. Some antivirus software might identify the TGB emulator as malware, which is otherwise a false positive.
As such, turning an antivirus utility off by right-clicking its system tray icon and selecting a disable or turn off option might fix the PUBG emulator.
Sometimes, however, it isn’t always entirely enough just to turn off the antivirus shield. If so, try removing the antivirus software from the system startup so that it isn’t running when you launch Tencent Gaming Buddy. This is how users can remove antivirus software from the system startup.
- Right-click the taskbar to select Task Manager.
- Select the Start-up tab on the Task Manager window.
- Select the antivirus utility on the Start-up tab, and then press the Disable button.
- Restart Windows after removing the antivirus utility from the startup. Then launch Tencent Gaming Buddy to play PUBG.
2. Select Integrated Graphics for TGB
Some Tencent Gaming Buddy users with NVIDIA graphics cards have confirmed that selecting the Integrated graphics option fixes the emulator so that it loads PUBG. Users can select that option on the NVIDIA Control Panel by right-clicking the desktop and selecting Run with graphics processor.
- Select the Change default graphics processor option to open the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Click Manage 3D Settings on the left of the NVIDIA Control Panel window.
- Click the Program Settings tab.
- Select Tencent Gaming Buddy on the Select a program to customize drop-down menu.
- Then select the Integrated graphics option on the preferred graphics processor drop-down menu.
- Press the Apply button.
3. Clear the TEMP Folder
Clearing the TEMP folder is another resolution that some users have fixed TGB with. Erasing files in the TEMP folder will also delete a TxGameDownload subfolder. This is how users can erase the TEMP folder in Windows 10.
- Open the Win + X menu by pressing the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut.
- Click Run to open the window shown directly below.
- Then enter ‘%Temp%’ in Run, and click the OK button.
- Thereafter, press the Ctrl + A button to everything in the Temp folder.
- Press the Delete button to erase the selected files.
4. Select an Alternative Rendering Option
PUBG might not load in Tencent Gaming Buddy when users utilize the emulator with an incompatible game engine setting selected. As such, selecting an alternative rendering option in TGB might fix the emulator. To do that, click the menu button at the top right of TGB’s window to select Settings > Engine.
Then users can select four alternative OpenGL and DirectX options. If you’re not sure what to select, try selecting all the options. Users will need to select one of the three alternative options and relaunch the emulator three times.
5. Play PUBG Mobile With an Another Android Emulator
Remember that the Tencent Gaming Buddy emulator is still in beta. So it’s not entirely surprising that the software doesn’t always work for some users. Users can still play PUBG Mobile with an alternative Android emulator until TGB comes out of beta.
Players can play PUBG Mobile with most of the best Android emulation software. BlueStacks, NoxPlayer6, and Memu are three of the best for emulators for PUBG Mobile and other Android games. Those emulators support PC gamepads and include plenty of controller customization options.
We recommend you Bluestacks as one of the best emulators for playing PUBG Mobile. It can be downloaded for free and it is compatible with Windows 10. You can also download PUBG Mobile directly from the link below.
However, one, or more, of the above resolutions might fix Tencent Gaming Buddy so that players don’t need an alternative emulator. Hopefully, future Tencent updates will fix the emulator’s PUGB loading error for users.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft confirms PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Xbox One launch date
- Here’s how this Wii U console emulates a PC