- QQ Browser is a Chinese browser from the house of Tencent.
- It has been caught sending users' personal data to its QQ server in the home country.
- For interested users, you can follow this guide and install the browser on your Windows XP PC.
While you might have already heard about Opera, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, there are several other browsers that provide the same features or more available on the market.
In fact, there are several browsers that offer more security and features and are overall lightweight in size compared to the mainstream web browsers.
If you are interested, you can check out our guide which lists 10 of the best browsers for Windows 11, which we have tested for speed and security.
QQ Browser is a not-so-well-known web browser that is developed by Tencent, the team behind the uber-popular Players Unknown Battleground (PUBG) game.
It is a well-known name in its home country of China but is not even considered as an alternative in the west, where the likes of Operas and Chromes have taken over.
If you do not care about your privacy and data and want to know if you can install a QQ Browser on your Windows XP PC, then you can keep reading this guide.
Can I use QQ Browser on Windows XP?
Yes. On the official website of the QQ Browser, it is written that you can download the latest version of the browser for Windows XP.
This means you do not need to worry about downloading an archived or old version of the QQ Browser on your Windows XP PC.
In fact, the minimum requirement to run the QQ Browser is that you need to have a Windows XP installed PC.
Some notable features of the QQ Browser include it is a Chromium-based browser, available for multiple platforms, integration with chat platforms from the sidebar, and it uses two browser engines, such as WebKit and Trident.
What is the best browser for Windows XP?
The Opera browser is, overall, the best browser for your Windows XP PC, because of the features it offers. The last supported version of the Opera browser for Windows XP is Opera 36.
If you are interested in installing the Opera browser on your Windows XP PC, then we have a dedicated guide for it that explains all the features and the steps to install it.
Windows XP is so special, that Opera made its own version of the browser for it.
How do I download & install the QQ Browser on Windows XP?
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the Download now button on the homepage.
- Save the installer in your desired location.
- Launch the installer.
- The installer is in Chinese. So, you may need to use the Google Translate app to translate the menu options.
- The middle blue button is the Install button, which installs the browser with default settings. Whereas the button on the bottom-right is Custom Installation.
- By clicking on the Custom Installation button, you can select the directory to install the browser.
- Select if you wish to create a desktop icon or not.
- Choose to add it to the quick launch bar.
- Set it to be the default browser and choose to either opt-in or out for the user experience improvement plan.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and install the browser on your PC.
Is the QQ Browser compatible with Windows 10 & 11?
According to multiple user reports and research reports consider QQ Browser is not so safe for the masses to use.
It has been reported that both the Windows and Android versions of the QQ Browser have been caught transmitting the user data to the host server without encryption.
Worse is that the Android version of the QQ Browser has been found to be leaking the user’s IMEI, IMSI, nearby Wi-Fi access points, visited URLs, Android ID, and even search queries.
Speaking of the Windows version, it has been found to be sending a list of visited websites, hard drive serial number, MAC address, and machine hostname to QQ servers.
If you are still interested then, you would be glad to know that the QQ Browser does support Windows 10 and Windows 11 OS.
Do we recommend using the QQ Browser?
To answer this in simple terms, we would say do not use the QQ Browser. The browser has been notoriously found to be leaking your crucial information to the host server.
So, in this case, one should stay a mile away from browsers that leak personal information. Moreover, there is nothing exceptional about the QQ Browser that you should choose over other commercially viable options.
QQ Browser is good enough only for people who are in China or do not care about their personal data. For more information, you can check out our guide on dedicated guide about the QQ Browser.
We hope that this guide gave you complete information about the QQ Browser and how you can download it on your Windows XP PC. Let us know in the comments below if you use this browser or want to try out the browser sometime.