- Just like BSPlayer, the popular RealPlayer video player is also compatible with Microsoft's latest operating system.
- When you have problems downloading videos when using RealPlayer, the most common cause is that you are not using the latest version of RealPlayer
- If you're interested in more information about media players, just come by our Media Player section.
- We do our best to fix several software issues that you come across. You can find the articles in our PC Software Hub.
Some users still encounter problems when downloading videos or playing some clips with the player.
Just like BSPlayer for Windows 8, the popular RealPlayer video player is also compatible with Microsoft’s latest operating system.
However, I’ve recently seen that some users have been reporting problems especially with Windows 8.1. But here’s what a Windows 8 user is saying:
Hello, I have problems with Real Player. it will give me the option to download videos online and everything but as it gets towards the end of downloading; it gives me a message saying download unsuccessful, refresh page and try again this is getting really annoying and it does that with every video I try to download from YouTube.
I have already tried manually resetting the compatibility mode with windows 8 and have even tried updating to the newest version of real player but still no luck. If anyone can help me with this problem or has any suggestions on what I can try please reply.
From what I’ve seen, most of these issues seem to be related to the fact that Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 users aren’t using the latest version of RealPlayer.
At the moment, the latest Windows version 22.214.171.124 of RealPlayer is the one you should download. Follow the link below to download the desktop version of RealPlayer for Windows 8.
Unfortunately, RealPlayer Express for Windows 8 isn’t any longer available in the Windows Store.
RealPlayer not working at all: what to do?
If the version above doesn’t work on your PC, the only solution left is to switch to another player. It might be difficult, especially if you are using RealPlayer on Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 for a while.
FAQ: Read more about RealPlayer
- Why is RealPlayer downloader not working?
If the RealPlayer video player is not downloading, delete temporary files, and adjust privacy and security settings.
- How do I enable RealPlayer downloader?
To enable the RealPlayer downloader, you will need to change the settings of your browser. You can also use a download manager to download videos.
- How can I download RealPlayer?
You just need to go to Real’s official website and you will see a download button right away. You can also read our article with the best media players for Windows 10.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in June 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.