- There is no doubt as to which one is more popular between IE and Chrome. Obviously, this applies to their search engines.
- So it's not a big surprise if you wish to remove Bing from Chrome and stick with Google Search instead.
- But how to remove Bing from Chrome? All it takes are a couple of tweaks in Chrome's settings.
- When it comes to how to remove Microsoft Bing from Chrome, you may need to reset your browser, or why not, go for a new one.
When it comes to Internet browsing, there are two things no users can live without:
As far as Internet browsers go, there are plenty to choose from, with some focusing on some aspects more than others. Some can be very resource-efficient, while others may be incredibly secure.
Whichever the case, it is up to you to choose. However, one general consensus is that Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there.
As for search engines, the choice is almost unanimous, as Google holds the number one spot. However, some users still prefer using Bing.
Unfortunately, Bing has a nasty habit of popping up uninvited as the default search engine. If you were wondering why does Bing keep popping up, it’s usually as part of a program installation that you didn’t notice.
If that is the case, then you are most probably looking for a way to remove Bing from Chrome. That is precisely why we’ve created this in-depth guide, to show you exactly how to get rid of Bing on Chrome.
Find out now that there are multiple choices. We lean towards the Opera browser. Making the switch from Chrome means you free up your RAM and help you browse the web faster.
Opera also has a bunch of exclusive free features that you can customize including a free, unlimited VPN, ad-blocker, battery saver, newsreader, workspaces to organize the way you want, and more.
Get rid of Bing and get more useful functionalities with Opera.
How do I get rid of Bing search engine?
1. Change Chrome’s settings
- Open Google Chrome.
- Press the Menu button (the 3 horizontal lines in the top right corner).
- Go to Settings.
- Go to the Search engine tab on the left.
- Scroll down until you reach On startup.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- If Bing is listed there, right-click it and select Remove.
2. Reset Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Press the Menu button.
- Then, go to Settings and select Advanced.
- Scroll down until you see Reset and clean up.
- Click Reset settings to their original defaults.
By following these steps, you should be able to remove Bing from Chrome.
Additionally, the first set of steps can also be used to change the default search engine that Google Chrome uses. All in all, these changes should be permanent, and you don’t need to restart the PC afterward.
Are you aware of any other way to solve this problem? If so, share it in the comments section below so that other users can try it, as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’ve made settings that have been overwritten, it’s likely that an extension or virus is making these unwanted changes. We recommend performing a scan with one of these antivirus solutions.
There’s a setting called Manage Search Engines. There you should be able to remove Bing from the list. If it doesn’t work out, check out more useful tips in this complete guide.
Some might say it comes down to personal preference. In most cases, Google wins as it provides more relevant results. Check out more top search engine alternatives to help you decide.