- Removing Windows Live Mail duplicate contacts seems like an unfortunate task, so let us guide you.
- Unlimited email accounts and intuitive response management are key features of another solid email client known as Mailbird.
- Moreover, you can’t go wrong when choosing one of these lightweight email clients either.
- This Removal Guides Hub gathers plenty of other tips to get rid of viruses and unwanted programs.
Now we’re going to talk about one common and really annoying problem for users of Microsoft’s Windows Live Mail: duplicate contacts.
There are a couple of reasons for duplicating your contacts, as well as a couple of solutions for this problem, so let’s take a look at this detailed guide.
The only solution that we managed to confirm is to remove them (manually or not). This is not a hard task but could be very boring and time-taking.
This happens especially if you have many duplicated contacts that you want to get rid of, so don’t say that you haven’t been warned.
How to clean up duplicate contacts in Windows Live Mail?
1. Delete duplicate contacts manually
- Sign in to your account.
- On the menu bar click Manage and then go to Clean up contacts.
- Check duplicate contacts you want to remove and click on Clean up.
But if you don’t have that many duplicate contacts in your People list, then this solution might be good for you. Use the above steps in order to delete duplicate contacts manually.
2. Clean up your duplicated contacts directly from Windows Live Mail
- Log in to your Windows Live Mail.
- Go to Contacts on the left bottom side of the window.
- Go to Clean up contacts and do the same thing as above.
Many Windows Live Mail users are not satisfied with this method because it is very time-taking and requires a lot of work.
Because of that, they constantly demanded from Microsoft to include features of deleting duplicate contacts in the further versions of Windows Mail.
QUICK NOTE: Since the writing of this guide, Microsoft discontinued Windows Live Mail. In order to use a reliable email service, then probably the best solution is to ditch Windows Live Mail completely.
If you don’t know what email software to install on your computer, we can give you a helping hand with an intuitive email client for Windows PCs.
Mailbird is a complete email program that can be used to manage all emails and contacts from multiple accounts in one place.
Just get started with your account and Mailbird will set up folders for received emails, archiving, drafts, and more, along with any custom folders that you’d love to use.
MailbirdManage multiple accounts, enhance workflow, and never worry about duplicate emails when enjoying Mailbird.
If you have a more effective solution, please share it with us in the comments and we will update this article with it immediately. Even more, our readers will be thankful to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Microsoft discontinued Windows Live Mail. Even if you’re an old school Windows Live Mail fan, these intuitive Windows 10 email clients and apps cannot disappoint you.
First of all, set Windows Live Mail to Work offline. Then, apply the steps from this guide dedicated to transferring Live Mail files to Windows 10.
You should wait for the Windows Mail app to fetch pending emails from the server, then follow this procedure on how to fix Windows Live Mail missing contacts.