How to Remove Duplicate Contacts From Windows Live Mail
Now we’re going to talk about one common and really annoying problem for users of Microsoft’s Windows Live Mail: duplicated contacts. There are a couple of reasons for duplicating your contacts, as well as a couple of solutions for this problem, so let’s take a look.
The only solution that we managed to find, and we were looking all over the Microsoft forum and internet is to remove your duplicate contacts manually. This is not a hard task, but could be very boring and time-taking, especially if you have many duplicated contacts, than it could take you forever to delete all these duplicated contacts.
But if you don’t have that many duplicate contacts in your People list, than this solution might be good for you. Here’s how you can delete duplicate contacts manually:
- Go to https://people.live.com/
- On the menu bar click Manage and then go to Clean up contacts
- Check duplicate contacts you want to remove and click on Clean up
You can also clean up your duplicated contacts directly from Windows Live Mail as well:
- Log in to your Windows Live Mail
- Go to Contacts in the left bottom side of the window
- Go to Clean up contacts and do the same thing as above
Many Windows Live Mail users are not satisfied with this method because it is very time-taking and requires a lot of work. Because of that, they’re demanding from Microsoft to include feature of deleting duplicate contacts in the further versions of Windows Mail, and Microsoft definitely should do that.
If you somehow have better and more effectively solution, please share it with us in the comments and we will update this article with it immediately, and our readers with this problem will be thankful to you.
UPDATE: Since the writing of this guide, Microsoft discontinued Windows Live Mail. If you want to use a reliable email service, then probably the best solution is to ditch Windows Live Mail completely. If you don’t know what email software to install on your computer, we can give you a helping hand with these guides:
- 5 best email clients for Windows 7 to use in 2018
- Best Windows 10 Email Clients and Apps to Use
- Thunderbird vs OE Classic: what email client is best for Windows 10?
- 3 decentralized email clients to use or test on Windows 10
- 5 of the best email privacy software for 2018
Microsoft introduces a new Download and Install feature in the upcoming Windows 10 May 2019 Update. Download and Install is available for Windows 10 version […]
Microsoft decided to bring rounded corners back to Windows 10 20H1. The company announced the upcoming version will have many updates including rounded corners for […]
Microsoft is constantly updating its Surface family of devices. The tech giant recently surprised Surface users with the announcement of Core i5 processor models for […]