How to rename multiple files in Windows 10, 8.1
Luckily for us, Microsoft has offered Windows 8.1, Windows 7 and Windows 10 users the option to rename multiple files. This, of course, comes very handy when you receive a bunch of photos in an archive from a friend and you want to rename all of them or also maybe reorganize your files on the Windows 7, 8.1 or Windows 10 device.
For a detailed and very quick explanation on how to rename multiple files in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, you check the lines posted below. But before we start, I would suggest that you should first know exactly what are the files that you wish to rename and make sure to select only those in order to prevent any issues.
How to change the name of multiple files at once on PC
1. Use CTRL + left mouse click
- First, you will need to go to the directory where you have your photos files or other folders or files.
- Hold the “Ctrl” button on the keyboard pressed down and with your left click, select the files or documents you want to rename.
- Now while you are still holding the “Ctrl” key pressed right click on the first file you selected.
- Now in the menu that pops up you will need to left click on the “Rename” feature presented there.
- After left clicking on the “Rename” feature you will have to type in a name of your choosing and you can let go of the “Ctrl” button.
Note: You can pick just for this tutorial the name “Example”.
- After typing in the name you will have press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
- After pressing the “Enter” button you will see that all your files were renamed with the name “Example” but every file has a number beside it making it unique.
2. Use file rename software solutions
If you regularly need to rename multiple files, you can also install a file renaming software on your machine. With the help of these tools, you can quickly manage your files and folders and assign the same name to them so that you easily find them on your machine.
Now you can rename your multiple files in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 in just a few clicks. Share your thoughts on this article in the comments below and we will be more than happy to provide you with the answers needed to help you further with your Windows 8.1/Windows 10 usage.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Quickly rename multiple files in Windows 10 using the Tab key
- How to Rename a Network in Windows 10
- How to Quickly Rename PC in Windows 8.1, 10
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in October 2014 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Uplay is an amazing game distribution platform created by Ubisoft. It can be used to buy and download games as well as DLCs. It can […]
Tumbler is a popular social media website that allows its users to create blogs and share their content with others. More than 465 million people […]