Luckily for us Microsoft has given our users especially for the Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 systems the feature to rename multiple files. This of course comes very handy when you receive a bunch of photos in an archive from a friend and you want to rename all of them or also maybe reorganize your files on the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device.
For a detailed and very quick explanation on how to rename multiple files in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 you can read the lines posted below. But before we start I would suggest that you should first know exactly what are the files that you wish to rename and make sure to select only them to prevent any further confusion in the system.
Tutorial on how to rename multiple files in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- First you will need to go to the directory where you have your photos files or other folders.
- Hold the “Ctrl” button on the keyboard pressed down and with you’re left click select the files or documents you want to rename.
- Now while you are still holding the “Ctrl” key pressed right click on the first file you selected.
- Now in the menu that pops up you will need to left click on the “Rename” feature presented there.
- After left clicking on the “Rename” feature you will have to type in a name of your choosing and you can let go of the “Ctrl” button.
Note: You can pick just for this tutorial the name “Example”.
- After typing in the name you will have press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
- After pressing the “Enter” button you will see that all your files were renamed with the name “Example” but every file has a number beside it making it unique.
Now you can rename your multiple files in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 just by doing a few clicks. Also you can write us below for any thoughts you may have on this article and we will be more than happy to provide you with the answers needed to help you further in the use of Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.