- Samsung Data Migration is a famous software designed to help users to migrate all of their data from their HDD to a new SSD.
- In order to migrate your data, double-check your HDD and SSD to see if they function.
- Don't hesitate to check out our extensive PC Software hub for more step-by-step guides on this subject.
- For more information on how to manage your files effectively, check out our dedicated File Management section.
Samsung Data Migration stuck issue is a common and annoying problem that many users encounter.
The data migration can stop at different percentages such as 0%, 99%, 100% while users are trying to clone HDD to SSD or new hard drive for system & data transfer.
It is hard to tell which specific part leads to the Samsung Data Migration stuck error message, but there are some easy steps below that you can follow and solve it quickly.
How can I fix the Samsung Data Migration stuck error?
1. Check your HDD and SSD before starting your migration
- Press the Windows key+X to open the Start Menu
- Select Search and type cmd to open Command Prompt
- Right-click on Command Prompt
- Click Run as administrator
- Log in as an Administrator
- When Command Prompt launches, type the command: chkdsk C: /f /r /x
Most of the time SDM fails indicates that there is something wrong with your drives. It may be possible that one of the drives is broken or failing the process. You can run chkdsk on each drive, old and new, to check that both drives are okay.
If somehow chkdsk gets stuck on your PC, be sure to take a look at this awesome article and fix the problem quickly.
2. Verify your cable connection
The transferring process may be interrupted during data migration because of your SATA/USB cable connection. The simplest thing you can do is make sure that SATA/USB is properly connected.
If they are properly connected but you still encounter the same issue, you can easily plug the HDD SATA cable into another motherboard port, or just try to use another SATA cable. If the problem is still present, you have to move your USB drive to another port.
We recommend you explore the capabilities of the powerful Ashampoo Backup Pro, which enables you to backup your important data as easily as clicking a button.
This amazing software not only resolves any backup issues but does so in a timely manner, and it’s all wrapped up in an easy-to-understand and easy to use interface.
Ashampoo Backup ProCreate backups easily with this thorough and intuitive software, and never worry about the possibility of losing your data.
3. Make sure that you have the latest version of SDM
- Search in your Browser Samsung Tools & Software.
- On the Samsung official website, under Data Migration, select Samsung Data Migration software for consumer SSD.
- Click on the Download button on the right of the latest Data Migration Software package.
It’s a common problem with Samsung Data Migration to be stuck at different percentages when transferring files.
The most simple solution before you start your data migration is to check your version of SDM and make sure it’s the latest one.
3. Check the data capacity of the files you’re transferring
If you want to transfer your files without any problems, make sure that your files will never be bigger than 75% of your available disk space.
For instance, if your SSD capacity is 1TB, your transfer should be less then 750GB. You can copy the remaining data to any other place.
4. Be aware of your file and partition size
You have to pay attention to your data file size and partition. If your Samsung Data Migration is not responding during the transfer, make sure that you don’t move multiple large files or partitions at once.
Large data transfers can cause bugs and glitches to the program. Try to transfer your files into smaller batches.
FAQ: Learn more about Samsung Data Migration problems
- How do I use Samsung Data Migration?
Samsung Data Migration can be pretty challenging to use, but you can always check out our detailed guide on this topic.
- How long does data migration take?
With the proper software, you can always perform a data migration process in a short amount of time. It all depends on the size of your data, but in most cases, it takes about 30 minutes.
- What is the best SSD cloning software?
There is a variety of software available on the market, and to choose the right one for you, we recommend that you explore our thorough cloning software guide.