- Designing tools have been used in different industries like fashion, marketing to architecture, as these technologies unlock the opportunity of trying different shapes and patterns.
- Fashion businesses need shoe designer software as it eases the work of creating 2D and 3D model products.
- We selected the best range of tools that will help your fashion shoe business industry grow.
- For more inspiration for designing tools, we invite you to look at our Graphic & Design Hub.
In order to be able to gain success in any business, it’s crucial to make use of the best tools available.
Designing trendy shoes is much more comfortable with the help of shoe design software, and those who are looking for some top quality shoe design tools have a lot of options to choose from these days.
We gathered five of the best shoe design tools, and we are listing their extensive sets of features and functionalities in order to help you make the best decision for your needs.
With a high-quality software, you’ll be able to create outstanding models and show off your creativity to the whole world.
Your customers as well are able to create their very own shoes using some of these tools that we’ll present below.
Best shoe design tools to create really stunning footwear
Adobe Illustrator (recommended)
Adobe Illustrator has everything that you might need from an online product design program. This is a Web-to-Print software that includes a lot of exciting features:
- Your customers will be able to create customized and print-ready designs.
- Your business’ customers will get the chance to browse through a massive library of images, clipart, and texts to create personalized designs.
- The program includes a lot of templates that offer your customers options to use multi-colored texts and multiple fonts.
- Besides shoes, you can customize a lot more items with the help of this tool such as T-shirts, hats, bags and more.
- You will be able to craft designs on any product that has a printable surface.
Adobe Illustrator is suitable even for a specialist with less experience as it offers a lot of training and online materials in order to create outstanding shoe designs. If you want to transpose your product design from a paper sketch to a CAD designing tool, Adobe can help you with this thing, as it offers a lot of productive features for creating design patterns, colors in an interactive and creative way.
Adobe Illustrator will provide you with useful panels for creating fine corners for the shoe design (Corner Widget), separating shapes that afterward can be fulfilled with color or creating elementary shapes (Shape Builder Tool), drawing a zipper and a zig-zag with Pattern Brush and not at least designing patterns for the shoes.
As you can see, it is the perfect tool for choosing your product designing work. Moreover, Adobe Illustrator is part of the Creative Cloud and you can use it freely with other apps like Photoshop, Indesign, Adobe XD, and Adobe After Effects in creating outstanding graphics.
CorelDraw Graphics Suite
Corel is a veteran in digital graphics and provides a wide range of tools, but CorelDraw Graphics Suite is one of the best tools that will assist you in modelling various 2D and 3D works. Speaking about this, you can also create a shoe concept in this software in 2D and 3D. It will even help you print in 3D the shoes you have created in the software (well, at least the physical form, you can color them later). Here is what this powerful design tool offers:
- Easy-to-learn interface
- Vectorize design elements
- Use graphic ready-to-use templates
- PDF/X export
- Great performance and stability
- Improved pixel workflow for pixel-perfect documents
- Perfect for 3D printing design
Well, these are just a few of the main features, but you can do a lot more using CorelDraw Graphics Suite. If you plan to take this hobby on a business path – this tool will be your best friend.
This feature-packed tool comes with everything you may ever need to design a good-looking pair of shoes for both men and women, from the shape thanks to the 3D engine to the colors and patterns thanks to the texture support.
More so, your files can then be exported into a variety of formats for others to use as templates/
The fact that Maya is also a very popular CAD tool also means that even if you aren’t used to using it, you won’t have any problem finding someone who does.
All in all, it is a great CAD tool that can take designed common footwear to a whole new level, and even if you don’t use it for that, you’ve just got your hands on one of the best 3D design tools on the market anyway.
- A wide variety of tools at your disposal
- can support all steps in designing a shoe, from the shape to the colors and patterns
- It has the same familiar UI that all AutoDesk products are known for.
- The price tag
It features pretty much the same tools as AutoCAD or Maya, albeit in a more minimalized manner. Fusion 360 is great for mechanical or technical designs, but its ability to sculpt artistic 3d models is very restricted, which makes it an even more beginner’s version of AutoCAD.
On the flip side, students and teachers can get educational licenses that are free of charge, making this product extremely familiar to those that studied it.
Thus, you will never have problems finding someone capable of using it if you cannot do it yourself.
- Student licenses are free
- Familiar AutoDesk interface
- Great for minimal design techniques
- Good for the more precise part of shoe creation (measurements, curvatures, etc)
- Doesn’t allow for much creative work
inkXE Shoe Design Software
The inkXE shoe design software is an ideal tool tailored for businesses, and it deals with designing shoes and customizing their features according to every users’ needs.
This program is compatible with all kinds of e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, Magento, OpenCart, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, and many more.
Check out the best features that are included in this program:
- The program consists of both basic and advanced features and functionalities for designing shoes.
- This tool comes with an effortless installation process.
- You will be able to enjoy lifetime support from inkXE team.
- This tool provides the flexibility needed to use any printing method.
- You will be able to customize the software according to your business’ requirements.
- inkXE comes with preloaded design templates that allow you to design your shoes fast without having to actually create an artwork.
- You will be able to use various templates and edit them to get the right models.
- You will also be able to remove background images and more unwanted design elements.
- This tool allows you to apply image filters, mask effects, and you can also vectorize uploaded images.
- inkXE will also allow you to add text with effects to make your design look more appealing.
- There’s also an irregular print area feature included in this program for sneakers.
- You will be able to switch between multiple printing methods according to your needs.
- Save and share your designs.
- inkXE offers you the opportunity to preview your shoes in 3D.
There are more features such as admin functionalities and more included in the program, and you can check them all out on inkXE’s official website.
Shoemaster is a world-leading CAD/CAM system that provides 2D and 3D solutions for the footwear industry.
This program is designed by traditional shoemakers, and it offers solutions and tools required for the design, development, and engineering of various footwear.
Take a look at the most interesting features that are included in this program:
- This is an innovative system that will reduce costs, improve quality and increase productivity as well.
- Shoemaster Creative is the ideal solution for designers and development technicians.
- This tool offers versatility and creativity combined with the accuracy of working on a 3D shoe.
- Designers will be able to produce efficient and proportional 3D designs using corporate colors, components, and materials.
- You will be able to build seasonal ranges, and you will get virtual environments as well.
- You will also get the chance of reducing the costs and speeding the process by reducing the need for physical samples.
To find out more about this tool’s functionalities and features and to discuss the options that you have available you are advised to contact Shoemaster via the Contact Us page form the official website.
Design Software Ninja
Design Software Ninja allows you to let your customers design or customize various products such as shoes but also more items including t-shirts, labels, letters, stickers, apparels and more.
This tool is a bit different compared to the other ones from this list, but it’s nonetheless useful. It’s different because it will allow your customers to add both text and images on the products, resize, flip, rotate and more.
Take a look at more exciting features that are included in this program below:
- Your business’ customers will be able to upload images and clipart from their own folders, socials media and so on.
- Admins can also add flexible pricing.
- Admins will be able to enable customization for any individual product or all the products.
- You will get the chance to define a custom color palette or just to enable a full-color picker tool.
- You can define customization options, and you’ll receive the customized product details in the dashboard.
Design Software Ninja comes with a friendly interface and design. You can check out more features that are packed in this tool by visiting the official website of Design Software Ninja.
No-Refresh Shoe Design Tool
No-Refresh Shoe Design Tool provides a shoe design program that comes with the efficiency of designing various shoes online.
The makers of this program claim that they entirely understand the need for customers to make designers shoes online according to their own preferences.
They also state that you can expect to earn massive revenues because this online shoe designing tool is compliant enough to provide easy handling to the end-users.
Check out more exciting features that are included in No-Refresh Shoe Design Tool:
- This program comes with a color box that provides varied options for colors to the users so that they will be able to create their own shoes.
- There is a pre-loaded library of basic designs, symbols, pictures and more.
- You will get the chance to have a 3D preview of the footwear, and this will make sure that you’ll get an excellent visualization.
- This program is appreciated as well for its compatibility with lots of the current browsers and operating systems.
- To be able to use this tool efficiently, users will not have to be advanced.
- You will be able to install this tool effortlessly.
No-Refresh Shoe Design Tool comes with lots of options to select the perfect shoes and users will also be able to customize any part of the desired shoes according to their needs.
Check out more features that are included in No-Refresh Shoe Design Tool on the tool’s official website.
This is where our top five shoe designing tools list comes to an end.
Make sure to head over to all these program’s official websites in order to be able to analyze more in-depth details on all these tools before making the right decision for your business.
If you have any other suggestions or questions, feel free to reach for the comments section below.
Shoe Design Software FAQ:
- What software do shoe designers use?
Shoe designers use Adobe Creative Cloud apps, as they offer a wide range of designing elements for creating a unique product.
- How do you render shoes in Illustrator?
You can use more programs in the process of designing shoes like Adobe Photoshop or Sketchbook, so the first thing is to create the shapes of the shoe. Afterward, you have to choose the color and the design, proceeding with the components of the shoe, like logo, texture, pattern, and stitching.
- How do you draw a sneaker book?
You can use a special book illustration design software like Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop or CorelDraw in order to draw a sneaker book that will contain shoe industry reference materials, foot anatomy, shoe components and types, proportions of foot and templates for your design.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2019 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.