If you are experiencing the Sling TV error 4-310 when watching a show or movie from the guide, it can be due to the content being no longer available for you to watch. The Sling TV error 4-402, on the other hand, can occur due to a bug in the software, causing the content not to play correctly.
A Reddit user reported a similar error in the community forum as well:
Error 4-310 unable to watch recordings of games until the next day
Does anyone else have this problem? I can’t watch any of my recorded soccer games until at least 24 hours later.
In this article, we explore how to resolve the Sling TV error 4-310 and the Sling TV error 4-402.
How do I fix the TV error 4-310 & error 4-402?
1. Fix Sling TV error 4-402
Search the program
- Try using the built-in search function to find your show, movie, or game.
- Click on the search bar on the top right corner.
- Enter the name of the show and open it.
- Click on Play to start playing the selected show.
2. Fix Sling TV error 4-310
Play directly from the thumbnail
- On your PC, log in to your Sling TV account.
- On the main page, click the Play button on the thumbnail.
- Sling TV should play your recorded shows without any error.
- At times, simply starting a recorded program from the app will clear the error in the browser.
Relaunch the app
For Android smartphone
- Open Setting.
- Go to Apps and select All Apps.
- Open Sling TV from the list of installed apps.
- Tap the Force Close button. Tap Yes to confirm the action.
- Close Settings and relaunch the Sling TV app.
- Check if the error is resolved.
For Windows 10
- Right-click on the Taskbar.
- Select Task Manager.
- In the Process tab, locate the Sling TV app process.
- Select the process and click on End Task.
- Next, look for other Sling TV process that is running and close it as well.
- Relaunch the app and check for improvements.
For Android TV
- From the Home screen, open Settings.
- Select Apps, then the Sling TV app from the option.
- Press the Force Stop button to terminate the application.
- Relaunch Sling TV.
For Apple TV
- Press the Home button on your Apple TV remote.
- Scroll through the app and swipe up when you see the Sling TV app.
- Go back to the home screen and relaunch the app.
Update Sling TV
- Open Play Store.
- Search and open Sling TV.
- Tap the Update button to install pending updates.
- Relaunch the app and check for any improvements.
3. Reinstall Sling TV
For Android smartphone
- Open Settings.
- Go to App > All Apps.
- Open the Sling TV app.
- Tap on Uninstall. Tap Yes to confirm.
- Open Play Store and search for Sling TV.
- Install the app and check for any improvements.
- Return to the device home screen,
- Launch Google Play Store.
- Click the menu icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Choose My Apps and Games.
- Select Sling TV and select Uninstall.
- Select OK to confirm.
- Open Play Store and search for Sling TV to install the app.
For Roku TV
- From the home screen, highlight the Sling TV app.
- Press the Star * button on your remote.
- Select Remove Channel and then select OK.
- You can reinstall the Sling TV app from the Roku Channel Store.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Sling TV app can help you fix any error that is triggered due to a glitch or bug in the app. A newer version of the app usually comes with bug fixes and performance improvements.
The Sling TV error 4-310 & error 4-402 are common errors and can be resolved by performing some troubleshooting steps provided in the article. Do let us know which method helped you resolve the issue in the comments.
FAQs: Learn more about Sling TV issues
- Why is my Sling TV going in and out?
This issue can be triggered by a glitch that is causing temporary problems with the stream. Make sure you have a stable Internet connection and then try changing the channel to see if it is a channel-specific issue.
- Why is Sling TV so glitchy?
Sling TV may feel glitchy or buggy if there is an issue with the Sling TV servers. You may also want to check your Internet connection and streaming device for issues. To fix the problem, try restarting the device, clear cache, or update the app.