Icecream PDF Split and Merge is a software application you can download on Windows and Mac to split PDFs into many files and merge several PDFs into one document. It’s one of the best tools for combining PDF files.
The PDF format is incredibly useful for creating documents that can be read on all operating systems and platforms using a wide range of applications. If you frequently create PDF docs for school, work, or various home projects, you might be interested in a simple and reliable tool for quickly splitting and merging PDFs.
You could always turn to Adobe Acrobat Pro, but if you prefer something lighter and more intuitive than a feature-rich PDF editor, we suggest taking a look at Icecream PDF Split and Merge.
- Good-looking interface and easy controls
- Split and merge PDFs in several ways
- Built-in PDF reader and password protection
Icecream PDF Split and Merge is packed in a clean interface and comes with easy controls for all users, even the ones without PDF editing skills. It supports a few PDF splitting and merging modes, password protection, author renaming, a PDF reader, and other cool features.
Before reading our Icecream PDF Split and Merge review, you should check out the system requirements, limitations, setup, interface, features, and how-to-use steps we described below.
Icecream PDF Split and Merge system requirements
Before downloading and setting up this program on your PC, check if your system meets these conditions:
- Processor: Intel Pentium, AMD or equivalent at 1.33 GHz CPU (or better)
- Memory: minimum of 512 Mb RAM (1 Gb recommended)
- Disk space: between 30 Mb and 300 Mb
- OS: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, or even older (either 32-bit or 64-bit)
PDF Split and Merge free
Most users will be unhappy to know that Icecream PDF Split and Merge isn’t freeware. But you can use a demo at no cost as long as you take note of its limitations. In the free mode, you can’t combine more than 3 PDFs into a single file or cut more than 20 pages from every PDF.
On top of that, it’s not possible to lock the output PDFs with a password, pick the PDF pages to take into account for the merging task, or define the author name for the new files. To lift all these limitations and use the free version of Icecream PDF Split and Merge, you have to purchase a software license.
The good news is that you have to pay a one-time fee only since there are no subscription plans, so you don’t have to worry about monthly or yearly costs. The one-time fee covers a lifetime license for two computers and permits commercial usage.
PDF Split and Merge installation
Installing the PDF tool on your PC is an easy task that requires minimal effort on your behalf. You can select the language, review and accept the license terms, set the preferred setup folder, and create a desktop shortcut. You can launch Icecream PDF Split and Merge as soon as the setup is over.
When it comes to the graphical interface, the application is modern and easy-to-use. The main window provides immediate access to the splitting and merging components, giving you the possibility to drag and drop PDFs and proceed with the PDF operation right away.
How to use PDF Split and Merge
To quickly cut and join PDFs using Icecream PDF Split and Merge, here’s what you need to do:
- To split a PDF, drop the file in the Split area and select the cutting mode
- Specify the saving directory and click Split
- To join multiple PDFs, drop files in the Merge area and make sure to place them in the correct sequence
- Indicate the output directory and filename, then click Merge
A simple and straightforward PDF splitter and merger
Taking everything into account, Icecream PDF Split and Merge delivers a simple and straightforward solution to help you quickly cut and combine PDF documents with minimum effort. It’s a great alternative to PDF editors if you’re just looking for PDF splitting and merging features.
The program features multiple splitting methods and gives you the possibility to handpick the PDF pages you wish to merge into a single file. Furthermore, the software application can show you a preview of PDFs as well as add passwords to the new data you create.
We’ve noticed that it doesn’t affect the document quality and performs tasks fast while remaining light on system resources usage. Icecream PDF Split and Merge is wrapped in an attractive interface and has intuitive options that any user can configure.
FAQ: Learn more about Icecream PDF Split and Merge
- What is Icecream PDF?
Icecream PDF refers to the PDF utilities made by the Icecream Apps software developer: Icecream PDF Editor, Icecream PDF Converter, Icecream Split and Merge, Icecream PDF Candy, Icecream PDF Candy Desktop, and Icecream PDF Bob.
- Is Icecream PDF Split and Merge free?
No, Icecream PDF Split and Merge isn’t freeware. But you can still use it for free, as long as you don’t mind the limitations we described above.
- Is Icecream PDF Split and Merge safe?
Icecream PDF Split and Merge is 100% safe. It’s a legitimate piece of software that does what it says: cut and combine PDF documents. It doesn’t contain malware, nor does it make any modifications to the original PDFs.
Overview of Icecream PDF Split and Merge features
- Split PDFs into single-page files, by groups of pages, by deleting pages, or by page range
- Merge multiple PDF documents into just one file
- Handpick the exact PDF pages to combine into a single document
- Preview PDF contents without resorting to an external application
- Save the new documents anywhere on your hard drive
- Add password protection to the output PDFs and manage user permissions (editing, printing, copying)
- Edit the document title and author before starting the splitting or merging task
- Specify a filename prefix using the base name, counter, page, current date or time
- Choose from multiple interface language
- Enable file compression to reduce the PDF file size
- Change the default author and saving directory
- split PDF, merge PDF