Steam is a great gaming service, but sometimes issues such as Steam failed to add new library error can appear. This error can be problematic and it can prevent you from playing your favorite games. However, there’s a way to fix this problem, and today we’re going to show you how.
How can I fix Steam failed to add new library error? Fixing this problem is quite simple, and in order to do it, you need to open the Settings page in Steam and go to the Downloads section. In there you should find the option to add a library folder.
How to fix Steam failed to add new library error?
Add a library folder in Steam settings
Note: It is very important to note that in order to create a new library folder, you need to stop or finish all downloading or upgrading games inside Steam
- Choose a partition on which you want to create the new game library, and then create a new folder with the name of your choosing.
- Open up Steam > click on Steam menu button at the top left side of your screen, and select Settings.
- In the Settings window click on Downloads > Steam Library Folders > Add library folder.
- Navigate to the folder you created in the first step, and select it.
- Click Install.
After doing that, the problem should be resolved and everything will start working again.
In this article we explored the best method to deal with the Steam error Steam failed to add new library on your Windows 10 PC. Please make sure to follow the steps presented in this article exactly to get the best result.
Feel free to let us know if this method helped you deal with the error Steam generates, by using the comment section below.
- Steam download stopping on your PC? Fix it with these solutions
- Want to run Steam as an administrator? Here’s how to do that
- How to safely uninstall Steam games on Windows 10