How to fix Sticky Keys in WIndows 10/8.1/8 if it is not working?
Do you want to fix the sticky keys in Windows 10 or Windows 8.1? You can find out exactly what issues you have and how you can fix them by reading the lines below specifically made to make your life much easier in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
The sticky keys are made so that if you are having trouble pressing multiple buttons on the keyboard or on your mouse like “Windows” and “X” or any other combination you can use these sticky keys to press only one button and it will do exactly the same thing. Read the tutorial posted below and you will find out how to fix the sticky keys and also disable them if you ever wish.
Fixing sticky keys in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
1. Check your mouse and motherboard
The first obvious thing you need to check is if your mouse or the keyboard is working correctly which means:
- Is it plugged into your Windows 8 or Windows 10 device?
- Do you have the drivers necessary and compatible with Windows 8.1 or Windows 10?
Note: If you don’t have the drivers necessary for the mouse or keyboard to work on Windows 8 or Windows 10 you need to go on the manufacturer’s website and download them.
2. Use ‘Ease of access’ feature
Now that you checked all the above let’s see how you can properly activate them in Windows 8 or Windows 10:
- Press and hold the button “Windows” and the button “U”.
- Now move the mouse over to the upper right corner of the screen.
- After the menu pops up you will need to left click on the “Search” feature you have there.
- In the “Search” box write the following line “Ease of Access”.
- After the search for “Ease of access” feature is finished you will need to left click or tap on the “Settings” button.
- Now left click or tap on “Ease of access center”.
- From there you will only need to follow the instructions on the screen to activate your sticky keys.
3. Turn Sticky keys ‘Off’ and ‘On’
This solution is a simple manipulation. It is some kind of ‘restart’ that you need to do before going deeper with more complicated actions. At this point, you can have some issues as well. We have already written a guide which solves ‘Do you want to turn on Sticky Keys’ pop-up message. This is not a critical problem, but it is quite annoying. For users that cannot turn off Sticky Keys, here is a step-by-step guide that will help you restarting this function.
Now you have a way how to fix and activate your sticky keys in Windows 8 or Windows 10. Also, don’t hesitate to write us below for any additional questions regarding this subject and we will help you in the shortest time possible.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in October 2014 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.