- Users report many issues with the built-in Sticky Notes app on Windows 11.
- You can download an alternative Sticky Notes app on your Windows 11 PC.
- Notezilla is our best pick for alternative sticky notes app.
Sticky Notes is one of the built-in features that came with Windows PCs. Users complain about running into several problems with the app. However, the issues with the app leave users with no choice but to find Sticky Notes alternatives for Windows 11 that can serve the same purpose.
Readers can check our guide on the best screen annotation software for Mac and Windows.
The Sticky Notes app has been a great feature on Windows PC for a long time. It helps users to create notes on their Windows 11 PC and access them on other devices.
However, users complain about the Sticky Notes app not responding, not signing in, not sticking notes, etc. Fortunately, there are apps you can install on Windows 11 to use the Sticky Notes feature.
Notezilla – Picture insertion feature
Notezilla is one of the best alternatives for the Sticky Notes app for Windows 11. It is available on other platforms, making it easier to access your notes across different devices. The app has many features that help you keep yourself well-equipped and well-organized.
Furthermore, users can create sticky notes to attach to their desktops, making them easy to access. Its Always-on-top feature gives users access to their existing notes and allows them to type into notes without changing the tasks.
However, Notezilla provides an advanced sync feature that allows you to automatically sync sticky notes between your computers and access them on all desktops. Also, you can insert pictures in your sticky notes for more details.
- Easy-to-use user interface
- Allows sharing to webpages, documents, programs, apps, folders, etc.
- Picture insertion feature
- Advanced & secure sync feature that can be partial or full.
- Offers cloud storage and restoration
- No theme options to choose from.
Stickies – Wide range of shortcut options
Stickies is another reliable alternative for the Sticky Notes app on Windows 11. Unlike others, it comes with many advanced features like Always On top. It is easy to navigate and allows users to create sticky notes with a simple keyboard shortcut.
Likewise, it offers lots of options to ease its use. Users can create and customize hotkeys to perform tasks like creating, deleting, hiding, copying, and pasting notes. Also, you can create alarms for tasks, a list of friends to share notes with, and lots more.
More so, Stickies sticky notes come in various forms. It has unique checklist sticky notes where you can create a to-do list with checkboxes that you can tick off at will. Also, you can arrange your notes on the desktop and tidy up your space.
- It has an easy-to-use and interactive user interface. Also, it is free to use.
- It allows you to set reminders for tasks noted in the sticky notes.
- Offers a wide range of shortcut options and hotkeys to ease your experience.
- You can change notes’ skin colors to fit your preference.
- No cloud features for sync.
- It doesn’t have the option to insert pictures in your notes.
7 Sticky Notes – Good organizing features
7 Sticky Notes comes with loads of features that help users have the best experience creating and using notes. It allows users to set alarms on notes and set a buzzer or shake on notes to wiggle when it’s time. It has an attractive interface.
Also, you can label each note to differentiate them and change note colors to make them different. You can use many options when you right-click on notes like rearrange, refactors, etc.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Likewise, it comes with a Note manager that allows you to view and organize all your notes in one tab. It makes it easier to clean up your notes and make adjustments where needed.
- Has a note manager feature for organizing notes.
- Customize note colors, labels, fonts, font sizes, and colors.
- Allows you to create an alarm in your notes.
- Organizes sticky notes in a folder.
- It doesn’t offer any cloud features.
Hott Notes – Highly customizable interface
Hott Notes is a simplified version of Sticky Notes. It has an easy-to-use interface making it appropriate for professional and general use. It is one of the best alternatives to consider.
Furthermore, it uses several hotkey functions to create a simple and easy atmosphere to work. Also, it allows you to customize what double-clicking its app icon does on your desktop.
Likewise, users can edit fonts, font colors, and font sizes to suit their tastes. There is a reminder that allows you to set a time to be notified about a note.
- It has a highly customizable interface.
- Allows you to set reminders and attach notes to the buzzer.
- Easy to use and suitable for different purposes.
- The user interface is not interactive.
- No cloud features.
Sticky Notes 8 – Easy to use
Like every other sticky note recommendation on this list, Sticky Notes 8 is a great alternative. It offers a straightforward and easy-to-use interface that lets users customize their notes.
There are numerous colors you can choose from to create your notes. It allows you to stick your notes on the desktop for as long as possible without falling off.
However, Sticky Notes 8 is regarded as a newbie in the genre as it doesn’t have as many features as others. Nonetheless, it is worth considering as it allows you to customize the shape and size of your notes.
- Easy to use and customizable user interface.
- Sticks notes on the desktop without disappearing.
- Users can change note colors, fonts, and other features.
- Ads pop up in the middle of your tasks on the note.
- Not suitable for a professional task.
Alternatively, readers can check our guide on fixing notes not syncing to iCloud on their macOS and Windows.
Also, we have a detailed guide on the best-handwritten notes apps on Windows with Pen/Stylus.
In conclusion, you should be able to make a decision on the Sticky notes alternative you want from the list above. Should you have further questions, kindly drop them in the comments section.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.